NC750s only doing 57 mpg?

Guest Quektis

Guest epsonix

Needed to go from metric to imperial, but as far the calculator says I'm doing 63-64mpg - commuting my NC750XA to/from work 3.5km (sorry 2+ miles) distance, and pushing hard bike to have bit of fun (speeds up to 60mph). My bike did only 1000miles as far, and the mpg has been more or less the same all the time (although first 300miles I did much more gently). On bit longer trips I got around 76mpg.

My clutch on neutral also rattles when clutch lever is not pressed - service guys said it is normal behaviour.

Grumpy old man

Needed to go from metric to imperial, but as far the calculator says I'm doing 63-64mpg - commuting my NC750XA to/from work 3.5km (sorry 2+ miles) distance, and pushing hard bike to have bit of fun (speeds up to 60mph). My bike did only 1000miles as far, and the mpg has been more or less the same all the time (although first 300miles I did much more gently). On bit longer trips I got around 76mpg.

My clutch on neutral also rattles when clutch lever is not pressed - service guys said it is normal behaviour.

Hi leszek

My clutch also rattles when lever is not pressed I always believed it to be normal.

Lloyd

dazznutts

MPG has gone down slightly due to this cold weather im getting 70mpg instead of the normal 75+

Joeyjoejnr

I done my first mpg test this week. On my commute which is 50% motorway and 40% national road 10% city in arrived at a figure of 67.4 mpg. That was all automatic mode. I'm sure if I drove like a saint and it was a nice summers day it would be in the 70 mpg range

Guest Rev Light

I get 78mpg on a 36 mile commute across country in Wiltshire.  

A bit more these days as I am using unlit A and B roads in the dark and often wet, which keeps my speed down.  

Motorway will have a detrimental affect on your mpg unless you ride at 60 or below, let alone the town driving.  

Manual gearbox and an aversion to 6th.  I am rarely above 60mph anyway with the traffic.

When it gets light in the Spring, my mpg will also drop.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...