Sign in to follow this  
Guest rofio62

NC700X Gear Indicator installation GiPro [Tutorial]

Guest rofio62

Greetings to all friends bikers

This simple guide has been made ​​step by step to install the DS Gear Indicator GIpro and will not replace installation or wiring of the manufacturer but only wants to make it easier for people familiar with the manual and maintenance of the bike, to proceed on its own without bringing the bike in the workshop.

I state that before proceeding with the installation of the bike will be placed on the center stand and NOT the one side

as the rear wheel must be lifted from the ground when you proceed with the "setup" of the Gear Indicator so if the bike is

not equipped with center stand (standard), you should use a rear stand lifts bikes with rubber mounted sollevaldola from

under the arm.

When you do not have the center stand fitted, the bike racks are very useful, as well as doing maintenance also serve to

keep the wheels lifted off the ground during the winter when the bike is not used thereby avoiding ovalizzare tires.

A word of advice, DO NOT buy stands of questionable invoice or that they cost little (internet) because the consequences

are you will find yourself (= motorcycle lying); better to spend a few tens of euros more and have a good product and that

saves having to buy a 'other.

2ppyq8x.jpg

Well, we can proceed with installing the Gear Indicator, following all of the points and looking at the pictures should

have no problem .......

1 - first open our storage space and make it free from everything stowed;

2 - we remove the two screws and take off the bulkhead that covers the battery and fuse box area;

3 - the connector that interests us is red and the battery is on the left (above the fuse box), the connector is called

DLC (Data Link Connector) and is the diagnostic connector, is used in the workshop to perform all testing and

reprogramming of the vehicle. The connector is held in its seat by means of a tooth made ​​of plastic, lift the plastic tab

from the support and remove it.

(Here I must make a criticism that will no doubt be shared by the mechanics when they have to use, OK design and build in

economics, however, some "cm" of wire more could leave because it's tailored.

For comfort and more room to move my hands, I removed the battery (do not dispensable and then leave the choice to those

who will do the job.

2prsrkk.jpg

4 - remove the 2 buttons located on the left edge of blacks and unscrew the screw that is near the end of the side panel

white (or black, red or gray depending on the chosen color of the bike) and gently slide the side panel toward the rear of

the motion.

24o7d5x.jpg

We will notice now under the direction indicator a bolt to be removed to give the game then the dark gray plastic parts

(point 5).

2a0epp5.jpg

5 - with a flat screwdriver and slide it as short as possible between the two plastic parts until you reach the corner of

the dashboard and divaricarle so as to disengage the teeth of the joint;

xfdrw8.jpg

64i5pi.jpg

6 - Place the Gear Indicator using double-sided tape supplied to the side of the dashboard (right or left) or in the

plateau region under one and proceed to pull the cable until you arrive in the area of the connector. We must extend the

joints of the body panel to run the cable under the same;

2nofoh.jpg

7 - Attach the cable clamps Gear Indicator with common electrician's no need to isolate it further with the sheath of

rubber as the distance traveled is not subject to heat from the engine, slip the connector Gear Indicator on the side of

the bulkhead and connect to our Diagnosis Connector. Wind the excess cable and place it over the support that is home to

two other connectors in orange.

vrasep.jpg

8 - Now you can start the "setup" of the instrument.

View My Video

All the work was done in about 3 hours taking it calmly and then labor, photographs, video and a few cigarettes (I'm on

vacation so I have NOT run).

My personal opinion after it is disassembled and reassembled the bike is assembled and finished very well, in fact there

are no squeaks or vibrations of any kind, but there are some critical points such as spaces for work and are really small

(change bulbs, general maintenance).

(HINT: those who decide to follow this tutorial, CAN 'INSTALL seen that the bike was disassembled ALSO TAKING A 12V.

If you want to install the 12V socket like I did, there's enough space (see point 4),

15qvmfm.jpg

35361oz.jpg

remove the other side body color and the cover that holds the lock that opens the glove box and the last portion saddle.

The bulkhead will not come off because the wires are open but moving it facilitates a lot of work to make a hole in the wall of the stage.

ALWAYS remember to put a fuse on the positive side, the area of the battery and fuse is well protected so you can use a normal car holder.

On this occasion I also positioned the cable TTRider, ALWAYS fuse, wiring 12V ​​socket and navigator I made them direct to

the battery as I always have and never have any problems.

To complete the tutorial, recover the original instructions provided by the installation of HealTech GIpro-DS Gear

Indicator.

Installation

Find the RED, 4-pole male diagnostic connector (DLC), usually near the ECU box. It may have a removable cap and may be

partially covered by black tape.

Remove the cap and connect the GIpro plug.

Route the cable to the mounting location.

Peel off the green plastic from the back of the unit, and mount the display.

Secure the cable with the cable ties supplied.

Setup

You need to setup the module after installation. When ignition is turned on, the display counts backwards (6 to 1) indicating that the memory is clear.

- Raise the rear wheel off the ground by using a stand, and start the engine in Neutral. (If you do not have a stand, you may setup the unit while riding. Find a long, straight road with light traffic.)

- The display will blink “1”. Select first gear, release the clutch, and keep the RPM above idle speed. The display is blinking faster while the unit is learning the gear.

- When the display shows “2”, select second gear. Repeat this process until all gears are thought (5 or 6).

In top gear, wait until “o” (over) is indicated and the display stops blinking.

The unit is programmed and should indicate the gears correctly.

Now, when ignition is turned on, the display counts forward (1 to 6) indicating that it is fully functional.

Reset

If some gears are not indicated correctly, reset the unit and setup it up again.

If you have a SpeedoHealer (or other speedometer calibrator) and you change the calibration factor, probably you have to

reset the GIpro and set it up again.

Cut off the power of the unit 6 times in a row, while the GIpro display is counting up and shows 3, 4 or 5.

On most bikes, you can power on/off the display by flipping the engine RUN switch on/off.

Otherwise, you can do this by cycling theignition key6 times (have the RUN switch off).

On the next power up, the display will count backwards (6 to 1).

The memory is clear now and you can perform the Setup procedure.

WARNING: the Tutorial complete with all the images is written in Italian and can be found here: http://www.motoclub-...t/t689067s.html

I hope this guide will be appreciated and sorry for my bad English.

Lamps

Edited by rofio62
  • Like 2

Guest Watty

Thanks for that, very helpful!

Guest gunshot72

Very comprehensive instructions rofio62, well done. You stole my idea on the position of the gear indicator so I want 10 x Moretti beer as payment!

Guest rofio62

Very comprehensive instructions rofio62, well done. You stole my idea on the position of the gear indicator so I want 10 x Moretti beer as payment!

Hi gunshot,

ok for 10 x Moretti beer, send me your address that you bring her in person, I will try to put them in the trunk, those who advance the drink before leaving. :D

Lamps

Old Man

Hi All

I was looking to buy one of these today but the Healtech website shows that the X-Type is compatible and not the DS.. Confused..

I called a UK dealer and he said that only the X-type will work... I told him that a few people (you guys) have installed the DS and told him the basic of the instructions from above and he told me that the DS does not need teaching as it gets the speed directly from the ECU. He also said that there are four different types of DS (connector)

Which one should I buy?

Thanks in advance

Old Man

Edited by Old Man

odansky

Greetings to all friends bikers

This simple guide has been made ​​step by step to install the DS Gear Indicator GIpro and will not replace installation or wiring of the manufacturer but only wants to make it easier for people familiar with the manual and maintenance of the bike, to proceed on its own without bringing the bike in the workshop.

I state that before proceeding with the installation of the bike will be placed on the center stand and NOT the one side

as the rear wheel must be lifted from the ground when you proceed with the "setup" of the Gear Indicator so if the bike is

not equipped with center stand (standard), you should use a rear stand lifts bikes with rubber mounted sollevaldola from

under the arm.

When you do not have the center stand fitted, the bike racks are very useful, as well as doing maintenance also serve to

keep the wheels lifted off the ground during the winter when the bike is not used thereby avoiding ovalizzare tires.

A word of advice, DO NOT buy stands of questionable invoice or that they cost little (internet) because the consequences

are you will find yourself (= motorcycle lying); better to spend a few tens of euros more and have a good product and that

saves having to buy a 'other.

2ppyq8x.jpg

Well, we can proceed with installing the Gear Indicator, following all of the points and looking at the pictures should

have no problem .......

1 - first open our storage space and make it free from everything stowed;

2 - we remove the two screws and take off the bulkhead that covers the battery and fuse box area;

3 - the connector that interests us is red and the battery is on the left (above the fuse box), the connector is called

DLC (Data Link Connector) and is the diagnostic connector, is used in the workshop to perform all testing and

reprogramming of the vehicle. The connector is held in its seat by means of a tooth made ​​of plastic, lift the plastic tab

from the support and remove it.

(Here I must make a criticism that will no doubt be shared by the mechanics when they have to use, OK design and build in

economics, however, some "cm" of wire more could leave because it's tailored.

For comfort and more room to move my hands, I removed the battery (do not dispensable and then leave the choice to those

who will do the job.

2prsrkk.jpg

4 - remove the 2 buttons located on the left edge of blacks and unscrew the screw that is near the end of the side panel

white (or black, red or gray depending on the chosen color of the bike) and gently slide the side panel toward the rear of

the motion.

24o7d5x.jpg

We will notice now under the direction indicator a bolt to be removed to give the game then the dark gray plastic parts

(point 5).

2a0epp5.jpg

5 - with a flat screwdriver and slide it as short as possible between the two plastic parts until you reach the corner of

the dashboard and divaricarle so as to disengage the teeth of the joint;

xfdrw8.jpg

64i5pi.jpg

6 - Place the Gear Indicator using double-sided tape supplied to the side of the dashboard (right or left) or in the

plateau region under one and proceed to pull the cable until you arrive in the area of the connector. We must extend the

joints of the body panel to run the cable under the same;

2nofoh.jpg

7 - Attach the cable clamps Gear Indicator with common electrician's no need to isolate it further with the sheath of

rubber as the distance traveled is not subject to heat from the engine, slip the connector Gear Indicator on the side of

the bulkhead and connect to our Diagnosis Connector. Wind the excess cable and place it over the support that is home to

two other connectors in orange.

vrasep.jpg

8 - Now you can start the "setup" of the instrument.

View My Video

All the work was done in about 3 hours taking it calmly and then labor, photographs, video and a few cigarettes (I'm on

vacation so I have NOT run).

My personal opinion after it is disassembled and reassembled the bike is assembled and finished very well, in fact there

are no squeaks or vibrations of any kind, but there are some critical points such as spaces for work and are really small

(change bulbs, general maintenance).

(HINT: those who decide to follow this tutorial, CAN 'INSTALL seen that the bike was disassembled ALSO TAKING A 12V.

If you want to install the 12V socket like I did, there's enough space (see point 4),

15qvmfm.jpg

35361oz.jpg

remove the other side body color and the cover that holds the lock that opens the glove box and the last portion saddle.

The bulkhead will not come off because the wires are open but moving it facilitates a lot of work to make a hole in the wall of the stage.

ALWAYS remember to put a fuse on the positive side, the area of the battery and fuse is well protected so you can use a normal car holder.

On this occasion I also positioned the cable TTRider, ALWAYS fuse, wiring 12V ​​socket and navigator I made them direct to

the battery as I always have and never have any problems.

To complete the tutorial, recover the original instructions provided by the installation of HealTech GIpro-DS Gear

Indicator.

Installation

Find the RED, 4-pole male diagnostic connector (DLC), usually near the ECU box. It may have a removable cap and may be

partially covered by black tape.

Remove the cap and connect the GIpro plug.

Route the cable to the mounting location.

Peel off the green plastic from the back of the unit, and mount the display.

Secure the cable with the cable ties supplied.

Setup

You need to setup the module after installation. When ignition is turned on, the display counts backwards (6 to 1) indicating that the memory is clear.

- Raise the rear wheel off the ground by using a stand, and start the engine in Neutral. (If you do not have a stand, you may setup the unit while riding. Find a long, straight road with light traffic.)

- The display will blink “1”. Select first gear, release the clutch, and keep the RPM above idle speed. The display is blinking faster while the unit is learning the gear.

- When the display shows “2”, select second gear. Repeat this process until all gears are thought (5 or 6).

In top gear, wait until “o” (over) is indicated and the display stops blinking.

The unit is programmed and should indicate the gears correctly.

Now, when ignition is turned on, the display counts forward (1 to 6) indicating that it is fully functional.

Reset

If some gears are not indicated correctly, reset the unit and setup it up again.

If you have a SpeedoHealer (or other speedometer calibrator) and you change the calibration factor, probably you have to

reset the GIpro and set it up again.

Cut off the power of the unit 6 times in a row, while the GIpro display is counting up and shows 3, 4 or 5.

On most bikes, you can power on/off the display by flipping the engine RUN switch on/off.

Otherwise, you can do this by cycling theignition key6 times (have the RUN switch off).

On the next power up, the display will count backwards (6 to 1).

The memory is clear now and you can perform the Setup procedure.

WARNING: the Tutorial complete with all the images is written in Italian and can be found here: http://www.motoclub-...t/t689067s.html

I hope this guide will be appreciated and sorry for my bad English.

Lamps

Hi,

Can you tell me more about your temperature gage? name and make? where did you buy it? did you have to install it? or does it work "as is"?

Thanks, Omer