Sign in to follow this  
Guest CBR45

Fuzeblock

Excalibur

There is a Honda accessory wiring harness available, is there a reason for not using it ??? 

slowboy

There is a Honda accessory wiring harness available, is there a reason for not using it ??? 

I think because the Honda kit is much more expensive and limits you to the Honda accessories, whereas the Fuzeblock is cheaper and more versatile.  That's why I ordered mine as I power heated jacket and grips, Sat nav 12v socket and usb charger and have a optimate linked in too.

Been on for 7 months now with no problems at all (the kit is well within the generators output).  Very good kit and highly recommended

jdearauj

I agree with slowboy.. I have a fuzeblock which has a Optimate(USB + 12v socket) system setup, Gerbing heated gloves and my front led spots all connected up.

Still space for more if needed.  :D

PNE

I think because the Honda kit is much more expensive and limits you to the Honda accessories, whereas the Fuzeblock is cheaper and more versatile.  That's why I ordered mine as I power heated jacket and grips, Sat nav 12v socket and usb charger and have a optimate linked in too.

Been on for 7 months now with no problems at all (the kit is well within the generators output).  Very good kit and highly recommended

Hi slow boy,

I'm thinking of getting the Optimate' how exactly have you fitted it to utilise the fuzeblock.

Guest Lockon2

Hi PNE

No need to conect the Optimate to the Fuzeblock as you don't need to make it switchable, just conect direct to the battery.

glencoeman

The idea of the Fuzeblock is that you can connect up to 6 accessories and have them either switched or unswitched.You then only need to connect one lead from the fuzeblock to the battery.I don't think that the Honda accessory plug has the option of switched/unswitched connection.

slowboy

Hi slow boy,

I'm thinking of getting the Optimate' how exactly have you fitted it to utilise the fuzeblock.

I connected it up in the "unswitched" position, using the fuse as the safety, from memory I think it has a 5A fuse

deecat

I fitted the Honda sub harness on my bike which runs the oxford heated grips, garmin sat nav, auto com and a 12v socket which was easier to fit and all run fine.

I do have a fuzeblock fitted to my cbf 1000 which does the same job but as mentioned it can be used in both switched and unswitched modes if you need that function.

I had a fuzeblock  fitted to my first cbf 1000 which after a long run in torrential rain  through France to Holland to catch the ferry the unit must have got a bit damp.

When I left the ferry the next morning going off the ramp the unit blew and I lost my lights and my clocks stopped working, as I only had 10 miles to home it was not a problem.

To be fair to fuzeblock they replaced the unit under warranty.

I now make sure I have plenty of Wurths electrical spray grease on the unit.

Excalibur

Ah, thanks for the info..

Joeyjoejnr

I plan on fitting fog lights and heated grips and possibly a sat nav. Could you have a look at the below link and suggest which fuseblock is best suited.  I find splicing and so on a nightmare so i want something tidy.  I have used this chap before and his quality is excellent.

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Fuseboxes/PC-8/pc-8.html

Thanks

Joe

Englishman

As an alternative I used the live supply to the foot brake switch as a switched live which energises a relay in the battery compartment for the satellite navigation.  I do not have too my accessories but if I did the Fuzeblock looks like a very good product and the ideal solution.

Joeyjoejnr

This arrived today.  A little expensive at €100 & customs stung me for another €26.  I ordered this kind because I have used this seller before when I upgraded the REG/REC on the cb400 and the quality of work is very good.  It comes with a separate relay fused thingy :blink:

First job will be to fit the Data tool Heated grips I bought.  I then plan to fit auxiliary lights but I cannot decide on what brand or type just yet.">http://2rfwj6r.jpg

">http://1ya6oj.jpg