Nc700x headlight removal

Guest guldfingarz1

Guest guldfingarz1

Hi I'm searching for instructions on how to removal the front headlamp. I want to change the bulb, plus give it a clean inside and check condition. I've tried the usual fitting bulb from behind but I would rather remove the headlamp correctly. Nc700X DCT 2013. Thanks all..

Englishman

I wouldnt have thought that was a job for the feint hearted but good luck anyway

Hi I'm searching for instructions on how to removal the front headlamp. I want to change the bulb, plus give it a clean inside and check condition. I've tried the usual fitting bulb from behind but I would rather remove the headlamp correctly. Nc700X DCT 2013. Thanks all..

There is instructions in my owners manual on how to remove the head light header.

Find somebody with small hands to change bulb, easier to do it from bottom. To remove headlight you have to remove all plastic/fairings as far as I know.

Edited by Juggler

You'll need to strip it down to this (see below) with the risk of breaking the plastic catches and fastenings that hold it all together.

Frontend_zps2772633d.jpg

I could get it to that stage in about 25 minutes, but I did it quite a few times when I was doing the Bi-Xenon conversion.

The manual or the Heated Grip fitting instructions should give you the details for getting most of the bodywork off.

You'll need to strip it down to this (see below) with the risk of breaking the plastic catches and fastenings that hold it all together.

I could get it to that stage in about 25 minutes, but I did it quite a few times when I was doing the Bi-Xenon conversion.

The manual or the Heated Grip fitting instructions should give you the details for getting most of the bodywork off.

To install heated grips you have to remove left side panel. Is this also required for headlight?

To install heated grips you have to remove left side panel. Is this also required for headlight?

No, just the panels shown removed in the photo, the other panel allows access to where the heated grips are plugged into the socket which is bottom left of the no-tank. (Circled in the below photo).

Subharnessconnector_zps59807ab7.jpg

• Like 1

Change the bulb without removing any bodywork. The manual shows how. 10 minute job.

Remove headlight to clean it inside? You can't clean inside, why would you want to?

The lens is glued to the back half so you would have to wreck it to get inside.

Add to that the probable hour or more to take all the plastics off both sides, another our plus to put them all back on again without breaking something!

I know which I would choose.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lozzles
Guest Lozzles
Guest Lozzles
  • 4 years later...