Sign in to follow this  
ted

I like these spotlights on the NC700X

ted

gallery_1_3_33210.jpg

They look damn smart...

Rocker66

Do you know where they are available from and how much?

ted

I don't know yet and most Honda dealers are clueless too :(

Just a matter of time though, I expect...

Guest B-WINDMILL

I WAS TOLD BY HONDA BRINDLEY WOLVERHAMPTON £600.00++++

Fishmanboy

£600???? :o thats insane!!

They do look good though B):wub:

ted

600 quid! I know Honda prices are a bit on the strong side but that's taking the piss! :angry:

Guest Tumbleweed

I couldn`t believe the price when my dealer told me. :o The other problem with them if my dealer is correct, is that they are LED so if any of them go you`re stuffed as they are non-replacable. :(

Fishmanboy

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that unlike incandescent light bulbs LEDs last forever... Well not quite forever but so long they don't actually know how long they last so state a 'ball-park' figure of around 50,000 hours as opposed to 1-2000 hours for a regular bulb.

So my geekiness aside the point is their lifespan shouldn't be the issue.... Just the crazy crazy price lol

While I'm on Honda's criminal pricing have you seen how much they want for heated grips?? :-0

Guest Tumbleweed

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that unlike incandescent light bulbs LEDs last forever... Well not quite forever but so long they don't actually know how long they last so state a 'ball-park' figure of around 50,000 hours as opposed to 1-2000 hours for a regular bulb.

So my geekiness aside the point is their lifespan shouldn't be the issue.... Just the crazy crazy price lol

While I'm on Honda's criminal pricing have you seen how much they want for heated grips?? :-0

I know, but knowing my luck!!!!! 2 weeks out off warranty - bye bye bulbs :wacko:

I have actually bought the heated grips - Yes I know what you`re thinking - The barmy cow must have more money than sense!! BUT I got the grips( and they do look good with the integrated controller), main stand and touring screen for £570 inc fitting. I`ve had aftermarket ones before and had problems with them.

Fishmanboy

That's fair enough if you've had problems with aftermarket ones before, I've had Oxford ones for about a year and they have been trouble free and cost about £40.... I even fashioned the bracket so it looked like it was fitted by the factory.... Can't complain really :-)

I'm just jealous I can't afford the Honda stuff lol

Rocker66

Have you got your mainstand yet? I'm still waiting on mine? I'm impressed with the touring screen though. Having used the demo with standard screen for around 200 miles I can appreciate the difference. I'm also still waiting on having the top box fitted as the box and rack arrived but the support brackets will be another 2 weeks. That's like saying your new bike has arrived but the wheels will not be here for 2 weeks.

I considered the heated grips but rather than buy 2 sets one for the NC & one for my Crossrunner I decided on a pair of Gebring G£ heated gloves and jacket liner which worked out much cheaper and I can use them if I borrow my wifes CBF1000 FA

Rocker66

These certainly look good but I'm not sure where you fit them on the NC700X as it doesn't have crash bars

Guest gunshot72

You

These certainly look good but I'm not sure where you fit them on the NC700X as it doesn't have crash bars

You would have to buy the crash bars that Honda make for the NC, or the ones Hepco & Becker make.

Guest gunshot72

Have you got your mainstand yet? I'm still waiting on mine? I'm impressed with the touring screen though. Having used the demo with standard screen for around 200 miles I can appreciate the difference. I'm also still waiting on having the top box fitted as the box and rack arrived but the support brackets will be another 2 weeks. That's like saying your new bike has arrived but the wheels will not be here for 2 weeks.

I considered the heated grips but rather than buy 2 sets one for the NC & one for my Crossrunner I decided on a pair of Gebring G£ heated gloves and jacket liner which worked out much cheaper and I can use them if I borrow my wifes CBF1000 FA

Hey Rocker66 how much was the touring screen? I heard only about £24.

Rocker66

Typical MCN misprint.Its actualy £124

Rocker66

I have not seen engine bars for the NC listed on any Honda list

Guest gunshot72

I haven't either but I know Hepco & Becker are currently making some, in black so look nicer.

Guest Tumbleweed

I haven't either but I know Hepco & Becker are currently making some, in black so look nicer.

Honda list them as `LIGHT BAR` I think. They don`t look as though they would help in a drop. I`ve never seen any Hepco and Becker gear but my dealer reckons it`d be worth waiting for Givi ones as they are better quality. They`re supposed to be doing some soon.

Guest gunshot72

Givi stuff is nice but Hepco & Becker equally high quality German stuff.

Guest gunshot72

Here are the H&B ones. They look more substantial than the Honda ones...

gallery_22_1_52379.jpg

Rocker66

We have never had a problem with Hepco & Becker stuff

Guest BlackSilverNC700X

Here are the H&B ones. They look more substantial than the Honda ones...

gallery_22_1_52379.jpg

Is the H&B side box bigger in term of size?

Guest gunshot72

Yes it is about 40 litres!

Guest BlackSilverNC700X

Yes it is about 40 litres!

Will the H&B wider than the handle bar after install. I'm still considering to install H&B or Honda after I collected my bike.