Tyre recommendations

Guest nibbler

Guest nibbler

I currently use Pirelli Angel STs on my 750 XA and I do like them but I'm in need to changing the rear after just under 7000 miles as it is squaring off as I do a lot of motorway riding.

So I'm wondering if there is possibly a better tyre out there that work is well in all weathers but is particularly suited to motorway riding?

trisaki

I'm using bridgestone T30 evo at the moment , very pleased with but no real mileage done yet , supposedly every bit as good as PR4

I'm on Z8 on the CBR and M7 on the NC. I'm quite happy with both in all weather conditions - from icy mornings in February through rainy April to hot July. 

Gerrymac

Michelin PR4 are the way to go Richard, great grip long lasting I thing these tyres are well suited to the NC bikes.

• Like 1

2000+ miles on my PR4's and I love them. No visible signs of wear (unlike the Trailmax they replaced) and I feel a whole lot more confident when riding. Most of my riding is 'A' roads or motorway.

Rocker66

If you check through tyre posts elsewhere on the forum you will find the majority of people recommend PR4s. My wife and I swear by them to the extent that we had them fitted from new on our 500s

• Like 1

^ +1

Best tyre I've ever ridden on.

Grip and confidence a plenty in all weathers.

Griff

I have used Z8's, T30's and PR4's on my 700. I ride briskly in most conditions throughout the year.

Several times the Z8's let go in various conditions wet and dry. I could not wait to see the back of them and eventually got rid of them prior to being fully worn. They are good on some bikes but not the 700X.

The T30's were OK. I was happy enough but not overly so.  

PR4's are imho, the best tyres for this bike. They are just brilliant in all conditions and from here on I will use nothing else on my NC.  Even on some of the gravelly surfaces that I sometimes ride on, they hold up well.

embee

I was thinking about trying a pair of the new Metzler Roadtec C-01 tyres for my next set.

It'll be interesting to see how these are received, I'll bet they are close or equal to the PR4, bike tyres are really getting good these days. As others have said, the Metz Z8 isn't a "bad" tyre by any means and suits some other bikes very well, I have them on an SV650 and a 650 Deauville and quite like them, but didn't like them on the Integra. The PR4 is simply superb on the Integra, completely neutral and just gets on with the job.

Griff

PR4's are a little more expensive than some other brands but the confidence they inspire is well worth it for me.

• Like 2
Rev Ken

PR4's are a little more expensive than some other brands but the confidence they inspire is well worth it for me.

Agreed, and they last longer than PR3s and many other tyres so are worth the extra expense. (I also buy good shoes as I value my feet!)

Newoldbiker

Check out the online suppliers for price.  They send them to a fitter local to you and you agree a price with the fitter.  I bought some PR2's like this and paid £35 to get them fitted - mytyres.co.uk or .com

I'm pleased with them.  Have done 10K miles on them - they have squared off a bit but should last another 2-3K at least.  The OE tyres - Bridgestones - were really square by 11K and that's why I changed them.

Might go or some PR4's next but the PR2's have been fine

nabrU

I can recommend www.oponeo.co.uk They were one of the cheapest on the net, I bought set of PR4s from them for £174

Edited by Radarman
Guest nibbler

Kent Motorcycles have come back with a price of £245 to supply fit and balance PR4s for both front and rear.

Edited by nibbler
Tonyj

Had conti motions,pr 2's now on pr4's.paid all sorts but feel the 4's are the best and they are quiter then the 2's when rolling.

Like the Rev said good shoes and good tyres all the way

Don't discount PR3s. I had to go with that since they screwed up and sold the PR4 rear I booked in the tyre shop. I had no choice because of timing and was very apprehensive, but found to be as good as the PR4 under normal conditions, i.e. I can't tell the difference. So given the price is right, PR3 Michelins are a good choice too.

Rocker66

Don't discount PR3s. I had to go with that since they screwed up and sold the PR4 rear I booked in the tyre shop. I had no choice because of timing and was very apprehensive, but found to be as good as the PR4 under normal conditions, i.e. I can't tell the difference. So given the price is right, PR3 Michelins are a good choice too.

From personal experience the fact that the PR4s last longer outweighs the price difference

After the trailers it came with which were hopeless I've used t30 evo and pr4. I push hard in the dry and steady in wet. Both evo and pr4 equal in wet. Evo better in dry. Pr4 last longer though. Similar price at the time.

kayz1

Look what i just got emailed back to me from Honda/Mr dix..

I am out of the office until 01/01/2018.

Thank you for your e-mail.

I no longer work for Honda UK.

Contact points below for your convienence.

Customer Operations, Nick Holmes 01344 888587
Customer Relations & Contact Centre, Gemma Corbett 01344 888287
Dealer Technical Support  & Warranty Andrew Pearce 01344 888594

For e-mail contact, firstname.surname@honda-eu.com

MikeBike

He must have been getting tyred of all the complaints...

kayz1

But look at the date!!!!    01/01/2018    sent a modded email to Gemma Corbett and Andrew Pearce as well, no reply from either of them yet.

As i said in my first post it will be me that has to buy them. If so i will never buy another Honda bike, i have bought a new bike almost yearly

for the past 35 years.

Strange such a long date on his out of office. If he had left it would be easier to delete his e mail account. Maybe he still works for Honda but not in the UK and is on a secondment until 2018.

Lyn

Hope you get sorted mate.

MikeBike

Strange such a long date on his out of office. If he had left it would be easier to delete his e mail account. Maybe he still works for Honda but not in the UK and is on a secondment until 2018.

Lyn

Hope you get sorted mate.

Seems he's off golfing... but a few days ago tweeting Honda related stuff..

https://twitter.com/phil_dix

Edited by MikeBike
  • Like 1