fit

robhog

Ok i managed to get an oem honda rear carrier for mu 2016 nc750x, fitted it and put a givi universal monokey plate on there  i did have to drill four holes . i have fited my givi 47ltr top box on but i do have to put a fair bit of pressure on to push it down so it clicks in . Is this ok  and loosen up with use , or should i put rok straps on just in case.

You could try and slacken the four fixing bolts that you have used to fix the Givi plate to see if it fits on better .

I have fond that if the plate is slightly twisted it can make it harder for the top box to fit so you might need to put a thin shim under one or two of the fixings between the Givi plate and Honda rack

• Like 1
Griff

I have two Givi Top boxes.  I have this problem (on the same bike) with one box but not with the other. However, once it clicks firmly into position there is no need for straps. To ensure that it has clicked firmly I open the box and apply firm pressure to its base from the inside close to the locking mechanism, and that is sufficient to get the desired click.

• Like 1
Trev96

There are (four?) rubber 'blobs' on the mounting plate that are there to ensure that there is no free movement when the top box is in place. Especially when new, these can be a little too tall making it difficult to compress them with the top box. I found that shaving a SMALL amount off the tip of the 'blobs' solved the problem. If you take too much off then replacements are available from dealers.

Guest bonekicker

But at the same time--the rubber blobs--get slack after a couple of thousand miles--and will need extra support --to stop the top box vibrating--so I would not bother shaving anything off--personally :blink:  

Tonyj

After a year off constant use,I've had a job to get new rubber stops.mine wore so much that a fella kept pointing to the back of my bike , he said "thought it was about to fall off". I've ended up glueing 2 tap washers in place to take up the slack.

Boney you would like my previous fix , it was let a tube of silicone go hard and get a plug cutter to make little 1cm plugs , but they were to soft. Hence the tap washer :0)

Guest bonekicker

We have all tried and rejected the silicon solution--it needs a hard rubber-with double sided tape to keep it in place---and the tap washers are the correct rubber hardness--and I have also nut & bolted the top box through the mounting plate--so that stops it--looking like it going to far off--- the best way--as you found --is try different solutions--and that's exactly how we all learn-- Tony good on Ya.   :thumbsup:

Trev96

Ignore that last link I posted, Horrendous postage cost from Italy!

Bykebitz are more reasonable.

Edited by Trev96
Andy m

Do you know the rack part number please?

I'm working on my luggage set up and struggling to work out what will and won't fit a 2016S model.

Cheers

Andy