2016 750x service manual & bodywork removal

Guest Stephen Bliss

Guest Stephen Bliss

Is there a workshop manual available in the UK for the NC range?

I've got the new shape 2016 750x and I need to remove the body work, I'm worried about causing damage by not finding all the hidden fasteners. Has anyone any advice?

Stephen

Mike5100

Yes - I need one too for different reasons - the front fork spect for oil and air gap, and how to connect accessories into the harness.

Mike

Guest DangerMouse

If you speak to your dealer you'll find that Honda do not have a paper service manual available for the 2016 model.

I've posted in the Supporters forum regarding how to gain access to the electronic information though.

Guest DangerMouse

Yes - I need one too for different reasons - the front fork spect for oil and air gap, and how to connect accessories into the harness.

Mike

FRONT WHEEL/SUSPENSION/STEERING SPECIFICATIONS

Fork Spring free length X/XA/XD 394.9 (15.55) 387.0 (15.24) S/SA/SD 357.0 (14.06) 349.9 (13.78) Tube runout – 0.20 (0.008) Recommended fork fluid Honda ULTRA CUSHION OIL SS-47 (10W) or equivalent –
Fluid level

X/XA/XD 104 (4.1) – S/SA/SD 103 (4.1) – Fluid capacity X/XA/XD 514 ± 2.5 cm (17.4 ± 0.08 US oz, 18.1 ± 0.09 Imp oz) – S/SA/SD 518 ± 2.5 cm (17.5 ± 0.08 US oz, 18.2 ± 0.09 Imp oz) – Edited by DangerMouse
Mike5100

thanks DM

Guest sykospain

As mentioned several times in the past, for printed info on your bike that's not available from your dealer, just sign up on this forum to become a Supporter and all will be revealed when you do so.

As yet though, no new docs on the 2016 jobbies.  Task in progress....

• 3 weeks later...
Mike5100

Does that include rear panels as well Adrian. In case anyone wanted to replace rear shock?

Mike

Mike5100

I did click on that link and got to look at the manual without problems but I was a bit nervous of a download from a Rumanian domain name.  What's people's experience with these kind of downloads because I have seen some purporting to offer the 2016 workshop manual from other eastern european or far eastern sites.  Is it safe?  what do they get out of it?

Mike

arengle

I did click on that link and got to look at the manual without problems but I was a bit nervous of a download from a Rumanian domain name.  What's people's experience with these kind of downloads because I have seen some purporting to offer the 2016 workshop manual from other eastern european or far eastern sites.  Is it safe?  what do they get out of it?

Mike

Last month I spend a few days searching for a service manual and this website was the only one that I found. are some other they say they offere service manual but is a user manual, same that come with the bikes, and other spams sites that say service manual but they do not have it. For now this is the only one that I was able to found and is safe, downloaded the pdf and is on my computer.

Adrian

Guest sykospain

I'm gobsmacked that anybody with half a brain would ever click on any site offering something for free. Especially if the URL hasn't been asked for specifically by your good self.

The constant aspect of anything like that on the web, is that whatever you are daft enough to click on will automatically install on your machine, sophisticated spy software and key-stroke reading algorhythms that will henceforth transmit your private passwords, or any other confidential info that you might wish to type into any other site, straight to the thieves.  Apart from also installing a myriad evil bugs that can devastate your computer.

The simple rule when using the internet is:- there's NO SUCH THING as a free anything.  It's all offered by organised gangs intent on stealing from you. Listen occasionally to the respected radio show "You & Yours" at lunchtime to hear all the gory details of gullible people who've been relieved of loadsamoney as a result of such inadvised internet browsing.

Edited by sykospain
Tonyj

So that Nigerian prince isn't going to give me my £1000 back for administrative cost on the 26million that I'm waiting for him to transfer into my bank account, he said it's been held up at the docks ? , got to rush there's a nice young Irish man whose doing my drive and gutters ,he needs me to run him to the cash point. Thanks for the advice anyway

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
ex_R1100S

Last month I spend a few days searching for a service manual and this website was the only one that I found. are some other they say they offere service manual but is a user manual, same that come with the bikes, and other spams sites that say service manual but they do not have it. For now this is the only one that I was able to found and is safe, downloaded the pdf and is on my computer.

Adrian

Cheers mate

Just what the doctor ordered  :-)

I was going to print it off until I saw how many pages it is!!! BLIMEY!!

ex_R1100S

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

The one thing I really really needed isn't there!!

It's missing the wiring diagrams Arghhh!!

On the up side, it does look very complete and is indeed an original Honda product :-) cable routing etc...

The hunt continues......

Cheers again Mate...

Guest sykospain

For "X" model panel removal, see my edited video on U-Toob of a US biker Andy's footage, where he installs the 12V outlet kit.

Trouble with these DIY videos is that nobody ever thinks about proper LIGHTING for a filming session where you're pointing the camera or Smartphone into the depths of a pitch-black space:- black plastic components deep inside a black hole.  No wonder you can see f*ck-all !

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&feature=vm&video_id=NYm9NEhTZ_8

Edited by sykospain
  • 2 years later...
On 15.05.2016 at 18:53, DangerMouse said:

Fork Spring free length X/XA/XD 394.9 (15.55) 387.0 (15.24) S/SA/SD 357.0 (14.06) 349.9 (13.78) Tube runout – 0.20 (0.008) Recommended fork fluid Honda ULTRA CUSHION OIL SS-47 (10W) or equivalent –

Fluid level

X/XA/XD 104 (4.1) – S/SA/SD 103 (4.1) – Fluid capacity X/XA/XD 514 ± 2.5 cm (17.4 ± 0.08 US oz, 18.1 ± 0.09 Imp oz) – S/SA/SD 518 ± 2.5 cm (17.5 ± 0.08 US oz, 18.2 ± 0.09 Imp oz) –

Czy do NC750XD 2014 takie same ilości oleju?

wingrider.steve
On 5/15/2016 at 17:29, DangerMouse said:

If you speak to your dealer you'll find that Honda do not have a paper service manual available for the 2016 model.

Oh yes they do, try part  number 62MKA00

outrunner
On 07/06/2016 at 15:03, Mike5100 said:

Does that include rear panels as well Adrian. In case anyone wanted to replace rear shock?

Mike

You do not need to remove the rear panels to change the shock, just remove the screws above the footrest hangers and you can prise the paels out far enough to get at the fixing bolt.

Andy.

skorpion
On 15/05/2016 at 17:53, DangerMouse said:

Fluid level

X/XA/XD 104 (4.1) – S/SA/SD 103 (4.1) – Fluid capacity X/XA/XD 514 ± 2.5 cm (17.4 ± 0.08 US oz, 18.1 ± 0.09 Imp oz) – S/SA/SD 518 ± 2.5 cm (17.5 ± 0.08 US oz, 18.2 ± 0.09 Imp oz) –

These oil level spec's are not correct for 750X bikes sold in the UK from 2016 with the SDBV front forks,

The air gap is not 104mm but 180mm check with your Honda Dealer.

• 1 year later...