first service cost

Guest barryw333

Guest barryw333

just been quoted 135.00, I asked if they were going to fill the bike with the liquid of the gods. Any one know of a reasonably priced dealer in the north of England (Im in west yorks) ?

I could do it myself for less than forty quid which really does my head in as the warranty will be void if I do. I guarantee my service would be more comprehensive and carried out with more care and attention than any dealer. ggrrrr

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocker66

• Tex

• Slowboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, the list of mechanical fetishism that'll have any bike forum buzzing!   I want:   Fuel Injection - I hate carbs when they get leaks, and they all do. Electronic Ignition -

Whilst I realise that you are being sarcastic can ou deny that doing so is a far better solution than just moaning about your current dealer on forums. Vote with your wallet

Well if you are happy to buy blind that is your choice. I still prefer the personal touch. For one thing if I had a problem with a new bike I would prefer to be able to go to the dealer get a loan bik

Guest dentonlad

just been quoted 135.00, I asked if they were going to fill the bike with the liquid of the gods. Any one know of a reasonably priced dealer in the north of England (Im in west yorks) ?

I could do it myself for less than forty quid which really does my head in as the warranty will be void if I do. I guarantee my service would be more comprehensive and carried out with more care and attention than any dealer. ggrrrr

Give Rochdale Honda a call on 01706 657291 and ask them for a price. Expect an hour labour (£45 + VAT) plus the oil and filter (£32, £16 + VAT). Even then I think it'll come in at about £120 incl VAT. Other bits and pieces like the washer, any other lubes and environmental charge for oil disposal make up the difference.

You of course doing your own don't worry about paying labour or VAT which a dealer has no choice about.

PoppetM

Still cheaper than a car service!

• Like 1
Black Marauder

Last week paid £62 [all in] for 1st [600 mile]service..but from original supplying dealer also {at to days prices] was told the 2nd [8000 mile] service would be [around] £230, I wonder how much it will be next year !

arengle

I did mine in April in Oxfordshire, total was £131, if you want in detail:

Labour £67

Oil filter: £9.58

Drain washer: £0.59

Oil (3x): £27

And the most important thing: Environment Charge £4.90

Tonyj

Got mine done for a pound , bloody rip off artists

Black Marauder

INCLUDING..........V.A.T ?

Tonyj

INCLUDING..........V.A.T ?

Cash in hand , don't tell Denton lad.

I'm not paying over the odds , ain't made of money

Cars stopped having 'first' services years ago. It's 12, 18 or even 24 months now for a new car or van. Absolutely no reason for an NC to be any different.

outrunner

Paid £51.23 for mine, not a Honda dealer but used genuine Honda filters and the correct oil, mind you, he is a mate and I do a bit of work for him now and then. :thumbsup:

Andy.

Edited by outrunner
larryblag

It is a bit rich to be honest, and a little bit naughty too. These days one should have choice, and by insisting that we have the first one at only 500 miles done by them at a cost of at least £120 that choice has gone.

I will have the first one done like a good lad, then after that we'll see.

• Like 1
Tonyj

Actually the first service on my c/tourer was cost of fluids only £30 , rest came under the purchase price

Edited by Tonyj
TheEnglishman

Does no one think to ask when they buy the bike?  Or perhaps negotiate in the first service into the purchase price?

• Like 2
outrunner

It is a bit rich to be honest, and a little bit naughty too. These days one should have choice, and by insisting that we have the first one at only 500 miles done by them at a cost of at least £120 that choice has gone.

I will have the first one done like a good lad, then after that we'll see.

You are under no obligation to use a Honda dealer to do the first service, or any service for that matter as long as genuine Honda filters and parts are used.  Gone are the days of having to get a machine dealer serviced to keep the warranty.

Andy.

• Like 2

Does no one think to ask when they buy the bike?  Or perhaps negotiate in the first service into the purchase price?

I negotiated the first two services into the price of my Integra. Works well for both parties, the net dealer cost of doing them is paltry, I don't have to get my hands dirty and I get the book stamped. I'm probably going to service it myself now that the warranty has expired (if I keep it) and just keep a record of what was done and when. Keeping receipts for parts will all build up a 'history' for when sale time comes.

• Like 2
Tonyj

I'm happy to pay for the oil , why should they do it for free

larryblag

I'm happy to pay for the oil , why should they do it for free

Exactly, and I'm happy to pay for fluids. That was the arrangement for the first service on my J300. It's the labour I object to. Can you imagine having to take a new car back after only 500 miles and cough up so much money?

• Like 1

Older members will recall that the first service used to be 'free' if carried out by the supplying dealer. The cost came of of the profits the dealer made from the sale. Now, I suppose, as more customers are screwing the dealers for the 'best price' they don't have the same amount of profit to play with. You (we) can't have it all ways.

I paid full list price for the Integra. But got free heated grips, two free services and a helmet and jacket for my wife. Everyone was happy (although she's still never come out on the pillion, so I should have scored something for me instead - sigh).

• Like 1
Ignatius

Done mine from the honda dealer for £106.95 with 748 miles.

Break up:

oil filter - 9.99

labour - 55

putoline sport 4 oil - 21.88

grease/fluids & lubes - 1.25

environmental waste - 1.00

vat - 17.83

Ignatius

I negotiated to get center stand, 12v socket in trunk and a high wind screen visor for my 750S with fitting.

Edited by Ignatius
Andy m

£99 PLUS VAT at Padgetts, Batley back in March.

Andy

Guest barryw333

The dealer has come back with 60 Inc vat, this is just for oil and filters. What does the rest of a first service consist of, don't want to invalidate my warranty over it but doing why I should pay 75 quid for someone to look at it, its only done 600 miles and I check chain and all the other essentials daily/weekly

Rocker66

The dealer has come back with 60 Inc vat, this is just for oil and filters. What does the rest of a first service consist of, don't want to invalidate my warranty over it but doing why I should pay 75 quid for someone to look at it, its only done 600 miles and I check chain and all the other essentials daily/weekly

Did you not negotiate the price of first service before buying?. Saying that the first service labour being FOC could seal the deal often works.

In the 50+ years I have been riding I have never paid labour on the 1st service at any dealer

Edited by Rocker66
Guest barryw333

I tried that with the dealer I bought from but they were not budging. But 60 Inc vat is OK, the parts and oil isn't much less than that