Ongoing accident repairs

djsb

New battery test. This was tested straight out of the box as soon as it arrived.

Initial voltage =12.764V Load 10 Ohms (in Constant resistance mode).

14:00pm

V=12.36V A=1.237A P=15.293W

15:00pm

V=12.329V A=1.234A P=15.214W

16:00pm

V=12.201V A=1.221A P=14.901W

17:00am

V=12.054V A=1.206A P=14.542W

18:00am

V=11.893V A=1.190A P=14.155W

You can clearly see that the first voltage reading (on load) is lower than the older battery. This is because the internal resistance of the new battery is much lower, and hence there is a lower voltage drop across the battery. Also, from the last reading, it is clear that the voltage is being maintained for longer. It would have benefited from a quick charge before the test, but this morning the voltage was well over 13v after an evening of trickle charging on my Optimate charger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• djsb

• CFB

• nelmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, I'm finally getting the chance to do some work on my bike after my accident last November. This is what I've done so far.   1/ Checked the valve clearances as per 16K service (done about 14k mil

Just got the new stainless front brake pistons/seals (which I got off Trisaki) and EBC brake pads fitted and a new rear OEM brake piston/seals and EBC pads fitted by a local mobile mechanic (nice blok

Finally, got to do some work on the bike this morning. I pulled the old front drive sprocket off and fitted the new one (17 tooth). Note to self the bolt needs torquing up properly (54 M-m 10 mm

Posted Images

New tyres fitted today. £70 for both tyres to be fitted including balancing (including taking the bike away and redelivering it).

Getting the HEL brake hose kit at the end of May. I'm getting an extra 2 inches put on the hose going to the front brake lever so that there is room for a handlebar riser.

End of May I'll also be getting the brake seal kits for the master cylinders and the seals for the calipers from Wemoto.