recall

Guest barryw333

Guest barryw333

I took my bike in for a recall and it was serviced at the same time, when I picked it up they didn't mention anything about the recall and on the paperwork and receipt there is nothing about the recall, I have emailed and rang but noone has come back to me to say if it was done. I checked the Honda site and yesterday, 2 days after I picked up the bike it said the recall had not been done, today it says it has been dond but the dealer had not come back to me. I suspect that they have not done it but realise that they have messed up and as I'm an awkward customer(I just expect what I have paid for) they have just notified Honda that it has been done. How can I tell if the recall was done. It was for the magnetic starter relay?

Cheers in advance

Spindizzy

There is a single punch mark on the frame at the back to signify its been done. I think if you pop the rear seat up its under there

Edit- here is mine showing the mark, under the rear seat toward the back

photo_zpsldowwrzf.jpg

Edited by Spindizzy

I wouldn't get too stressed out over it, Barry. Not all the bikes that have been recalled will need any attention other than a look at the relay to confirm whether it's one of the 'suspect' ones.

Spindizzy

I wouldn't get too stressed out over it, Barry. Not all the bikes that have been recalled will need any attention other than a look at the relay to confirm whether it's one of the 'suspect' ones.

Mine didn't need replacing but they still punch to confirm the recall has been complied with.

• Like 1
Guest barryw333

Looked but there is no punch mark at the back, would there be as punch mark anywhere else?

Tex, the recalls cost Honda millions they don't recall unless it's serious and my recall has a risk of fire and or cutting out at speed so it's something that does stress me. I paid good money for a new bike and expect it to be at the very minimum a safe vehicle, riding a bike is a dangerous enough part-time as it stands without Honda throwing in some exrtra danger

Mine didn't need replacing but they still punch to confirm the recall has been complied with.

Which is what they're supposed to do, obviously. But not all dealers are that efficient.. :)

Edited by Tex
Guest bonekicker

Barry I wonder many times--after reading the same poor customer care we -- most of us--get ?? do they do it on purpose just to test us? to see just how far they can go--before we really get annoyed? do Honda really not read the posts from the forums to gain a insight into what makes customers happy? Just how many unsold  bikes would it take for them to change the bad attitude--some dealers have--into let's start looking after them--and by just answering simple questions would be a very good start  :console:

Guest barryw333

The dealer is saying they forgot to punch mark the frame, that raises my suspicions even more that the work has not been done. It looks like the only way i can be sure its been done is to buy a relay myself and replace it. I cant go to another dealer as they have said to Honda that they have done the work and the Honda site now says no work required. I am astonished of how shabby the service is from a dealer. I have no proof the work was done or not. As soon as they stamp my service book for the service that they did  whilst they supposedly did the recall(the bike was in for a recall not a service, the bike was handed back cover in oil and grime, took me an hour to try and clean up my new hand guards but you know that oil doesn't come off white plastic easily, there were oil stains all over the bike.) I shall name and shame them on every forum I possibly can. 

DaveM59

Curious as to where that punch mark is, or would be on an Integra?

Mine had the faulty chain recall done when it was a few weeks old and I have the dealer paperwork to prove it but would like to check the punch mark to see if they did likewise.

Spindizzy

The dealer is saying they forgot to punch mark the frame, that raises my suspicions even more that the work has not been done. It looks like the only way i can be sure its been done is to buy a relay myself and replace it. I cant go to another dealer as they have said to Honda that they have done the work and the Honda site now says no work required. I am astonished of how shabby the service is from a dealer. I have no proof the work was done or not. As soon as they stamp my service book for the service that they did  whilst they supposedly did the recall(the bike was in for a recall not a service, the bike was handed back cover in oil and grime, took me an hour to try and clean up my new hand guards but you know that oil doesn't come off white plastic easily, there were oil stains all over the bike.) I shall name and shame them on every forum I possibly can. 

You could just ask for the content of the recall and confirm the numbers on your relay. Least they can do as its not punched. Its really easy to do, just take off the battery cover and its the unit on the RH side. Then if it needs replacing take it from there.....I checked mine before I went just to know.

I can't see any marks on my 750S  DCT although the speedo was changed and the relay checked (but not changed). However the speedo change was recorded in the service book with the mileage.

Guest bonekicker

And dont they just carry on with the saga--did they do it? or did they not?  good game --could last for several months-- I should think--now I am just thinking aloud--that Honda would be rather annoyed if the dealer had not --either checked or replaced the recall item--and then paid them for it--and as for not marking the frame--saying it as been done--did they forget to put when the cheque from Honda the address of the dealer?? :baby:

Rev Ken

I think I would get them to punch mark your bike and put an entry in your service record they have completed the recall. As you know not all bikes require rectification so don't waste your money. They are responsible for recording the recall, and when you come to sell your bike a knowlegeable buyer will want to know the recall has been carried out.

• Like 1
Guest barryw333

So, I went back to the dealer today and they stamped my service book, but curiously there was noone available to put a punch mark my frame, I feel that noone working today wanted to have anything to do with the claim that they have done work that they clearly have not. It will be the last time I step foot in that dealer and will announce loud and proud to any one who wants to listen about how shabby Craigs Honda of Shipley in West Yorkshire are. I am appalled at the service I have received and the rudeness of the people there barring one or two. Andrew and Matt are nice guys but the rest of them are shocking, Keith in particular has a tendency to be really rude on the phone. I got the silent treatment from them when I went to pick my bike up after the service in didn't ask for and refused to pay their price as I already had my bike booked in at castle Honda on Castleford for less than half the same cost. If I wasn't the type to not give a monkey's, another person may have felt intimidated with the staffs behaviour. Do if you are in the market for anything Honda related I would give them a very wide berth unless you don't value h your own custom. I'll just vote with feet and never use them again, plus I have the Honda customer service questionnaire to fill in

Rocker66

Barry I wonder many times--after reading the same poor customer care we -- most of us--get ?? do they do it on purpose just to test us? to see just how far they can go--before we really get annoyed? do Honda really not read the posts from the forums to gain a insight into what makes customers happy? Just how many unsold  bikes would it take for them to change the bad attitude--some dealers have--into let's start looking after them--and by just answering simple questions would be a very good start  :console:

What makes you think most of you get bad service? Yes you get more post about when things go wrong but that is because the person feels there is a reason to post. If you go along for a service or any other job to be done and it all goes fine your less likely to rush home to post something like " Had service done at Joe Bloggs M/Cs and it all went well"

In the same way if you go by the number of posts about DCT problems it would appear that it is a major concern yet far more journeys are completed with no DCT problem but there is no reason to post about these. The same applies to all other problems

Guest sykospain

Barry, you really should copy that post into Craig's Honda's website Google Review page, where you log in with your Google a/c details..  Just reading some of the other reviews there, NOT the testimonials page of Craig's Honda, which are of course all worshipful, fills me with horror.  And yes, Rocker66, some bikers actually DO rush home and post a favourable testimonial on the dealer's page.

But what an outfit !

Edited by sykospain
Rocker66

Barry, you really should copy that post into Craig's Honda's website Google Review page, where you log in with your Google a/c details..  Just reading some of the other reviews there, NOT the testimonials page of Craig's Honda, which are of course all worshipful, fills me with horror.  And yes, Rocker66, some bikers actually DO rush home and post a favourable testimonial on the dealer's page.

But what an outfit !

If you re read my post  you will see I actually said" less likely to" not that none do

Mike5100

So, I went back to the dealer today and they stamped my service book, but curiously there was noone available to put a punch mark my frame, I feel that noone working today wanted to have anything to do with the claim that they have done work that they clearly have not. It will be the last time I step foot in that dealer and will announce loud and proud to any one who wants to listen about how shabby Craigs Honda of Shipley in West Yorkshire are. I am appalled at the service I have received and the rudeness of the people there barring one or two. Andrew and Matt are nice guys but the rest of them are shocking, Keith in particular has a tendency to be really rude on the phone. I got the silent treatment from them when I went to pick my bike up after the service in didn't ask for and refused to pay their price as I already had my bike booked in at castle Honda on Castleford for less than half the same cost. If I wasn't the type to not give a monkey's, another person may have felt intimidated with the staffs behaviour. Do if you are in the market for anything Honda related I would give them a very wide berth unless you don't value h your own custom. I'll just vote with feet and never use them again, plus I have the Honda customer service questionnaire to fill in

If I'm reading this correctly in conjunction with your opening post.  You booked the bike in for a recall item only and when you went to pick it up they said they'd done a service and wanted to charge you a lot of money.  However you had already got it booked into a different dealer for the service (at half the price), so you offered to to pay them the price you had been quoted by the other dealer which they reluctantly accepted.  They then stamped the service book so you think they did actually do the service but they won't stamp the frame so you don't think they've done the recall item (which is all that it was booked in for anyway)?

Mike

Rocker66

That's the way to deal with poor service. Vote with your wallet. Far better than just moaning about it. I dealt with one dealer for years and even knew the owner from when he had been the salesman at another dealer I had used. I got really good service for a few years but then he started to take my custom for granted. This culminated in him offering me a poor trade for my GL1100 Aspencade when I was looking at the new GL1200. Out of interest I took my bike to our local BMW dealer to get a trade in price. His offer was much higher and I ended up with a new K100RS

White Skark

Some dealer are bad I fortunately have an excellent dealer, the service manage and mechanics are excellent, I have had 2 Goldwings, a 1500 and my present 1800 and have been using them for the last 13 years, the same mechanic looks after my bikes all the time, he has an excellent reputation too. The Dealer is Blade Honda at Abingdon Oxfordshire, I can trust unconditionally. So after hearing all your tales of woe I consider myself extremely lucky.

• Like 2
Rocker66

Some dealer are bad I fortunately have an excellent dealer, the service manage and mechanics are excellent, I have had 2 Goldwings, a 1500 and my present 1800 and have been using them for the last 13 years, the same mechanic looks after my bikes all the time, he has an excellent reputation too. The Dealer is Blade Honda at Abingdon Oxfordshire, I can trust unconditionally. So after hearing all your tales of woe I consider myself extremely lucky.

Great to be able to add another one to the "Good Guys" list

embee

I dropped into Blade Abingdon to pick up some service parts when passing by that way last year, and thought it seemed to be a very professional place, good efficient customer service. You can get an impression very quickly sometimes. Glad to hear they seem to live up to that.

Guest barryw333

That is correct on top of that they have notified Honda that they have done the recall so I can't get the recall done at another dealer but I believe that they have not done it