Sign in to follow this  
Flanker37

DCT Reset 2012

Flanker37

Hi guys, i would really like to reset my DCT back to learning mode.  I cant find anything on this site about it.  Although i did on the American site, but that didn't do anything.

Any ideas?

Rofbox

I may be wrong, but I don't believe it has a 'learning' mode. Give it twenty four hours and we may both learn different.

phantom309

disconnect battery 30 minutes.

reconnect.

turn on with key.

start but do not touch throttle .

leave till cooling fan cuts in.

turn off engine by kill switch. then key . 

trisaki

Thought that was the ecu reset may be the same ? Send me a pm after the weekend and I will have a look see in my wshop manual

Tex

That's the ECU re-set, definitely. The DCT one is much different, I shall see what I can find..

phantom309

oops thought there was only that one . didn't know there was two....?

• Like 1

Tex

Here it is..

- Put in N, switch-off the engine.

- While pressing D, switch the ignition on, wait until the yellow symbol of the engine desapears in the dash-board, then let go D.

- Press in fast sequence: DDNDN.

- In the dash, the letters D and S should apeear at once.

- Turn on the engine, but don´t accelerate!

- After a few seconds, the letters D and S go out.

That´s it!! Reset done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tex

oops thought there was only that one . didn't know there was two....?

No worries. We all appreciate the help you were offering. :)

Mike5100

Here it is..

- While pressing D, switch the ignition on, wait until the yellow symbol of the engine desapears in the dash-board, then let go D.

That´s it!! Reset done.

According to my workshop manual the 2016 dct reset includes having to hold the throttle wide open while doing the DDNDN thing.

Mike

• Like 1

dentonlad

According to my workshop manual the 2016 dct reset includes having to hold the throttle wide open while doing the DDNDN thing.

Mike

Nobody has mentioned the pentagram you need to draw on your garage floor so that the magic works.....

• Like 3

Wedgepilot

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does the DCT reset do?

Mine can be a bit 'snatchy' at low revs, so just wondering if a reset would help smooth it out.

Tex

It's just like re-booting your computer. Can iron out any little annoying glitches or may do nothing at all. Not sure it would help with 'snatchiness' though. Maybe worth a try?

• Like 1

Mike5100

Just did mine this afternoon. Haven't tried it yet but snatchiness had crept in. However I also checked the oil and it seemed below the bottom mark. Now this bike has done only 3000 miles and was serviced at 700 so I never dreamt I would need to check the oil. I checked it now and then on my previous two NCs and never had to top up between services. If the oil is really down it may be affecting the dct clutches. I will recheck tonight and let you know

Btw the dct reset on the 2016 bike Did not work unless I held the throttle wide open while doing it

Mike

Edited by Mike5100
  • Like 1

trisaki

If the bike is a little snatchy low down you could try the ecu reset done a couple of dct bikes now and customers say it is so much better could always do them both ecu and the dct one won't hurt !

Edited by trisaki
  • Like 1

djsb

It's the clutch initialize learning procedure. I think this is where the DCT system senses/monitors the oil pressure difference between a clutch that is disengaged and a clutch thats at biting point. I think the clutch plates are actually hydraulically operated using oil presssure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Wedgepilot

Sounds like a perfect job for a Sunday morning :)

embee

It's the clutch initialize learning procedure. I think this is where the DCT system senses/monitors the oil pressure difference between a clutch that is disengaged and a clutch thats at biting point. I think the clutch plates are actually hydraulically operated using oil presssure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct.

There are light springs in the DCT clutches but these are fitted to separate the plates (opposite to a manual clutch), oil pressure is used to take up the drive.

I'm not sure exactly what the procedure is monitoring though, but yes it's for the clutch pick-up point. It's intended for when a new clutch pack or new controller is fitted.

Tex

Mike

Obviously a change on the later model then Mike.

I'm indebted to Alan Sykes (Sykospain) for the full wording of the procedure for the early bikes..

Document title:

"Honda Double Clutch Transmission system reboot – different to ECU reset"

document text:-

- Get aboard the bike and start the motor.

- With the transmission key in N for neutral, switch-off the ignition to stop the motor.

- With the ignition off, press AND HOLD the switch into ‘D’.

- Switch the ignition on but DON’T START THE MOTOR.

- Wait until you see in the dashboard display the yellow symbol for the motor disappearing, then let go of the D key that you've been pressing.

- Now the tricky bit: as fast as you can, press the sequence:

D D N D N.

- In the dashboard display, BOTH the letters D and S should appear.

- Turn on the motor, but don’t touch the throttle.

- After a few seconds, the letters D and S extinguish.

- Select “N” and turn off the ignition key. Done.

• Like 2

Mike5100

Wish I had changed only one variable at a time. I found the oil was 300cc short and topped it up at the same time as the dct reset. Since embee has pointed out that the clutches work on hydraulic oil pressure it's possible they could have been feeling snatchy because of low oil. Anyway it feels better today

Mike

Edited by Mike5100
  • Like 1

Tex

It's really hard to remember to only change one thing at once, Mike. But the important thing is you've improved it! Yay! :D

Flanker37

Damn i'm late back to this thread, i forgot to enable notifications.  I shall give it a whirl 2moro & report back

Flanker37

Here it is..

That´s it!! Reset done.

When you say put in N, it's already in N when its switched on

Tex

There you are then. Step one complete and you haven't lifted a finger..

Edited by Tex
  • Like 1

Mike5100

The reset improved things on mine, but I also had to add 300cc of oil and since this feeds the DCT too, I am not sure which action improved the DCT behaviour.

Mike

Flanker37

Okey dokey, i've followed that to the letter, but something is not right.  The DS did not disappear after a few seconds, and it now stuck like this?

4c22c3498876707.jpg 

Edited by Flanker37