Sign in to follow this  
Flanker37

DCT Reset 2012

Tex

I would disconnect the neg (-) lead of the battery, leave it for ten minutes, re-connect battery and see where you are then.

Flanker37

righto

Flanker37

found out why mine didnt work

nc700-forum.c0m/forum/nc700-general-discussion/4871-dct-reset.html

Engine has to be warmed up first.  :BangHead:

Edited by Flanker37
  • Like 1

DaveM59

So probably best to do the ECU reset, then do the DCT reset after.

Flanker37

I will do mate, just not well at the moment, i started getting severe pains at 11:30 this morning.  I've never felt anything like this, my bike accident in 2012 was less painful.  After peeing blood, and an emergency trip to the Doctors, there is a possibility I might have kidney stones.  I have to ring up in the morning about getting X-Rays

In the mean time i have pills to take

Tex

Kidney stones?! You poor bugger! Get well soon.

• Like 2

Flanker37

Thanks Tex, so far i am taking Co-Amoxiclav & Dihydrocodeine, plus the Amitriptyline i am taking for my neck & shoulder.  To say I'm in a state of Euphoria is an understatement.  The pain eases off everytime a pee, for about half an hour, then it builds up again.  Like the pain i'm right now, Off to bed, fcuk this sh!t

• Like 1

larryblag

Goodnight Richard, sleep well

• Like 2

embee

Oooooo, sounds very unpleasant. Best wishes.

• Like 1

Tex

Kidney stones are 'right up there' on the pain scale. About on par, allegedly, with childbirth. I suspect that kidney stones are, actually, more painful.

Let's face it, after a couple of years you'll often hear a woman say "You know, I think I would like another baby" but you NEVER hear anyone say "I think I'd like another kidney stone.."

Get well soon Richard!

• Like 3

fred_jb

You have my sympathy Richard - I've suffered from kidney stones twice.  The first resulted in an admission to hospital whereupon I promptly passed the stone and the pain subsided.  I then spent the next 24 hours trying to get discharged.  They only rustled up a doctor to sign the paperwork when I threatened to just walk out!

Fred

snapman

Sorry to read about your kidney stones, Richard. I have also suffered from kidney stones and agree it is definitely one of the most painful experiences of my life!

On the subject of DCT resets, mine had been a bit snatchy changing gears (which I initially put down to cold oil when setting off) but since its first service was booked in, I let the dealer take care of it. With fresh oil and new filters it has returned to being smooth again. But I do think it pays to let it idle for a few mins before setting off in the morning so that the oil is a bit thinner/warmer. 

Mike5100

Sorry to read about your kidney stones, Richard. I have also suffered from kidney stones and agree it is definitely one of the most painful experiences of my life!

On the subject of DCT resets, mine had been a bit snatchy changing gears (which I initially put down to cold oil when setting off) but since its first service was booked in, I let the dealer take care of it. With fresh oil and new filters it has returned to being smooth again. But I do think it pays to let it idle for a few mins before setting off in the morning so that the oil is a bit thinner/warmer. 

..... and the idle revs have dropped to less than 1200rpm

Mike

Flanker37

Hi guys thanks for all your concern for my well being.  Its lifting my spirits, when i need it most.

Before i started fidiling with the DCT reset.  I rang up my local Honda (Vertu) and asked them about the reset.  And they said "yeah, sure we can do that for you for £60"

£60hr for what took me about 15 minutes because of engine warm up.

I think i will reset the ESU on sunday morning before i head up to CMC.  If i'm well enough

• Like 2

sykospain

When tecnico friend José did the DCT versions oil-&-filters-change job for the video ( see U-Toob ), he later did the DCT reset after disappearing off on the bike for ten minutes round the local byways to get the bike hot.

No helmet by the way....he knows all the local cops 'cos he services their bikes, mainly Authorities version R1200RTs.

On his return he looked on-line at a Spanish version of the shop manual to see what the sequence was.

Bike was thereafter much smoother, like when it was new a year ago, but he did mention that it was adviseable to start the bike first thing each day and then spend time putting helmet & gloves on, etc., to allow the auto-choke to drop the revs back, as mentioned in Snapman's post #37 above.  Reduces the snatchiness a noticeable amount as you drive off.

post-3793-0-40571300-1471083163_thumb.jpg

Edited by sykospain
  • Like 1

Rednc750se

Reset my DCT as instructions but unfortunately the d&s have not left. Disconnected battery and still there. Has anyone had this problem.  Looks like Honda dealers now. Do not know how bike will ride.

Rednc750se

Reset again and now sorted.

• Like 1