Chain adjustment

old commuter

PoppetM

Does it come with easy to folllow instructions, I.e you don't need an entire workshop? Mine is fine at the moment but may need tweaking in the future....

4 hours ago, trisaki said:

Chain  monkey is fine but they forget to tell you  to find the tightest part of the chain first and adjust on that point  not just anywhere  along the chain length  

It's in the instructions...

trisaki

It may be in the instructions  but it's not mentioned  on the video 

Guest Flanker37
On 24/10/2016 at 8:36 AM, Tex said:

My son has one of those so, just out of interest, I tried it out. Works well.

I've just order one, you know what's happening with my chain....

Guest James Russell

Cleaned off my chain last night and there is more movement than 35mm. Still over an inch away from the swing arm though. I haven't heard it slapping about wither. And all seems to be running fine. Nothing was said when I had it serviced about 1000miles ago.

Out of interest what would a garage charge to make this adjustment. Only reason I ask is that not everyone will have a socket that size. I have a pretty good socket set, but doesn't quite go to the size needed.

Guest Flanker37

I think most places are around £40hr, but its a half hour job at best

Might be worth buying the sockets

Edited by Flanker37

I might be wrong (not unusual) but doesn't the bike toolkit have the correct size spanner for the wheel spindle nut?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for collective input on this subject. I've naively little experience of chain tensions :cry: and what's good and not so good! Have now gained some experience with a good clean up and tensioning this evening - test run tomorrow and see how it goes.

Edited by RussB644