NC700 Integra DCT playing up

Guest PW63

Well they came back this morning and pulled the cover of my new NC750X but legged it straight away. I'm not sure if this was because I opened the curtains and they saw me or if they were still expecting to find an Integra and the NC750X was of no use to them. Pretty sure it was the same gang as it was about the same time in the morning.

Ye Gods! £1000 on a part ex is diabolical!

• Sad 1
Croydonscooter

Sad to hear you traded the old Integra in and only for £1000K.   I would be shocked if a dealer told me that is all mine is worth.  Do you think it was down to the DCT issue or did you keep that quiet as intermittent fault?  My bike has done 17,500 miles but I think I will just keep it for commuting and  carry on maintaining it myself and see if it will do 100K or more.  I have seen a NC700s with 115K mileage.   I'm also surprised that thieves have been trying to steel your bike.  I have never had any interest in mine in that way.  I garage it at night but have left it near the tube station many times.   Often the bike is still in gear as I never put it in neutral before turning the ignition off.  This would make it impossible to push more than a few meters.  All a bit strange.   Anyway hope you enjoy the new bike, seems a good choice especially with the luggage frunk thing. 

Cheers

Aaron

Edited by Croydonscooter

I didn't mention the DCT problem when trading it in, though it was the same dealer whose workshop it sat in for weeks whilst they were unable to diagnose the fault. But in any event they already had a used Integra on offer which they just couldn't shift, hence the low trade in value. I think you have probably been lucky if thieves have not shown any interest in your bike. I rode around quite happily on mine for 6 years and rarely used to lock it when out and about. I think it's just a question of chance - there aren't many integras around but if one of these scooter gangs knows what they are and spots yours and decide they want it, nothing is going to stop them once they know where you are, and I guess T-Maxes are becoming hard to find because they've already nicked most of them so they'll be looking for alternatives. I was blissfully unaware of the scale of the problem with bike theft until they tried to steal mine back in July. Since then I've read a lot of stuff online and maybe now i've become a bit paranoid and I've invested hundreds of pounds on locks and chains. Sadly a lot of the so called security products are rubbish especially when you are up against cordless grinders.

Graham NZ

Twice I had upmarket music systems stolen within weeks of buying them from the same dealer.  I came to the conclusion that it was an inside job and then bought a cheaper unit from a big warehouse.

There are many reasons to do your own service and reduced risk of theft could be one of them!

MikeBike
1 hour ago, Graham NZ said:

Twice I had upmarket music systems stolen within weeks of buying them from the same dealer.  I came to the conclusion that it was an inside job and then bought a cheaper unit from a big warehouse.

It's also a known tactic of burglars if there are rich pickings to wait for replacements to be bought then pay a repeat visit...

• Sad 1