larryblag

Better Horn

Black Marauder

Apologies.....Sound Bomb mini/compact....louder than original & NO complicated electrics ! SIMPLES !

Walklikegump
On 07/10/2016 at 22:19, Spindizzy said:

It just occured to me I have never pressed the horn button on my bike and have therefore never heard it. :huh:

I'm at 187 miles used it 20 times.  Once for a Smidsy in Ashbourne and nineteen times when trying to indicate . :doh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Tex
1 hour ago, Walklikegump said:

I'm at 187 miles used it 20 times.  Once for a Smidsy in Ashbourne and nineteen times when trying to indicate . :doh:

Luckily it’s only a pathetic little ‘meep’ and no one notices.. :D 

• Like 1

makman

Denali Mini Sound Bomb here. Works and plug and play.  Used it last week to skin a cyclist and strip paint from a BMW offside wing.   Effective and more than loud enough.  Definitely not a "meep" sound!!

• Like 1

Iron horse

Fitted a Sound Bomb mini. Sounds good most of the time, but filled with water during the winter even though the horn was pointing downwards. Never been quite the same since. First press if the day is a bit bleaty, almost like it needs to clear it's throat then all is good!

• Haha 1

Pidu

After numerous situations where drivers completely ignored stock horn decided to change it. Choice was quite obvious for me - Denali Soundbomb. Have used denali wiring kit to connect it as it simplifies things. It is way too long but did not cut it as will probably move it to another bike in the future. Manufacturer offers nice bracket for 2017 NCX at ridiculous price so have drawn it and had it laser cut in 3mm brushed stainless steel. Fits perfect and does the job. And the horn is a real MONSTER. Can't wait to make use of it :devil:

ef78e50083443244med.jpg

If anybody would be interesteed I have a spare bracket to give away. First person to massage me can have it for the price of postage. 

Edited by Pidu
  • Like 1

Mr Toad
On 6/7/2018 at 07:50, Walklikegump said:

I haven't used the horn on my NC either.

On the other hand I'm always hooting on the Bonneville and no matter how many times I press the button the Triumph will never change down a gear!! :angel:

• Haha 3

klrman
On 07/06/2018 at 07:50, Walklikegump said:

What's a Smidsy ? I go through Ashbourne fairly often and don't recall seeing one

Rocker66
3 minutes ago, klrman said:

What's a Smidsy ? I go through Ashbourne fairly often and don't recall seeing one

Sorry Mate I Didn’t See You which is what drivers often say when they hit or almost hit a bike.

klrman
2 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Sorry Mate I Didn’t See You which is what drivers often say when they hit or almost hit a bike.

Thanks for that Rock. I suppose at my age I should have known that, but I'm particularly bad with acronyms

Iron horse
On 06/06/2018 at 19:10, outrunner said:

It would be advisable, I had one on my Tiger and the amp draw of the compressor will eventually burn out the switch I was told by an auto electrical chappie, so I fitted a relay. Perhaps he was a bit over cautious, but maybe not?

Andy.

I fitted a soundbomb mini as a direct replacement for OEM, no relay. No problem with electrics, but it didn't like getting wet last winter. Horn was facing down but still hot a bit waterlogged. Way better than original though

DelBoy
On 8/12/2018 at 14:33, Pidu said:

After numerous situations where drivers completely ignored stock horn decided to change it. Choice was quite obvious for me - Denali Soundbomb. Have used denali wiring kit to connect it as it simplifies things. It is way too long but did not cut it as will probably move it to another bike in the future. Manufacturer offers nice bracket for 2017 NCX at ridiculous price so have drawn it and had it laser cut in 3mm brushed stainless steel. Fits perfect and does the job. And the horn is a real MONSTER. Can't wait to make use of it :devil:

ef78e50083443244med.jpg

If anybody would be interesteed I have a spare bracket to give away. First person to massage me can have it for the price of postage. 

Also if anybody is interested I have one of these horns, brand new, never fitted as I fitted a different (Denali) one.

• Like 1

Delboy777

Sound bomb for me, when bike arrives later this month. It will be wired via a relay, and the oem wiring extended and used as the trigger.