Flasing Speedo Unit

Guest seanmc

Guest seanmc

Hey Guys and Gals, Any of you had the issue of when accelarating away from the lights "rather enthusiastically" and the road surface is a bit bumpy the whole speedo unit flashes andd then the ignition light comes on (PGM-FI), Any ideas why?? even the honda techies haven't heard of this issue out here

Guest susiebe

The only flashing lights I had was one of those horrid cameras at the side of the road ( hangs head shamefully). 3 years whizzing around on my VFR with a clean licence - now 4 weeks after taking delivery of NC ............. enough said. In this case I have a feeling points don;t mean prizes :ermm:

Guest Naana

Did the front wheel leave the ground over the bumps? I seem to recall reading something in the manual about the speedo getting confused if you spin the wheel with it on a stand, so could that be something to do with it? Is it better after stopping and re-starting the engine?

Guest Holliday

The only flashing lights I had was one of those horrid cameras at the side of the road ( hangs head shamefully). 3 years whizzing around on my VFR with a clean licence - now 4 weeks after taking delivery of NC ............. enough said. In this case I have a feeling points don;t mean prizes :ermm:

LOL, here we have no such problem. photos are taken from the front :D only police traps are not good

Guest susiebe

LOL, here we have no such problem. photos are taken from the front :D only police traps are not good

Unfortunately this one was positioned to take a picture of my rapidly disappearing a**e haha

Guest seanmc

Not sure if the front wheel came of the ground, Probably did but not by much, Engine has never cut out when doing this. As soon as i turn the bike oif and on the pgm-fi light goes off, Maybe i shuld take it back to honda although they never heard of anything.

:drool: at susiebe...I dont even have a number plate on the back of my bikes...seems like its tempting fate in getting a fine by putting one one, besides at 220km/h that is go directly to jail speed

• 1 month later...
Guest seanmc

Got tthe bike 2 honda 2 weeks ago now, They have finally sourced the problem, The wiring harness that sits below the Front tank and airbox was pressing and rubbing on an exposed bolt and is now damaged, Just waiting to see how long its going to take them to get a new harness now