How long after next service ?

Guest PlymouthBikers

Guest PlymouthBikers

So guys having my first service at 600miles in the morning. My question is does anyone know what the next service level is.

A bit longer i do hope.

:faceless:

Guest DrPJT

Thats more like it. I bet i reach 8ooo miles before 12 months.

What about you guys..

I know I will I've done nearly 4000 already.

Rocker66

I will have 4000 on the clock by the end of next week. doesnt take long at 76 miles a day. Some of the guys on this forum have an even longer commute than mine

Guest dersan

ın turkey service km is every 6000 km.I ask them why?They said honda told them.But i insist them its written 12000km in the manual.They repeat its 6000.

Stealers

Guest DrPJT

what DrPJT you have 4000 miles already? wow some going how long you had your NC?

Picked it up just before they shut on Friday 16th March. Only live 2 miles from the dealers but took 20 mile detour to get home. I Use it for work 5 days a week which is about 55miles round trip. Then go out with the wife most evening and weekends. It soon adds up. :yes:

Rev Ken

what DrPJT you have 4000 miles already? wow some going how long you had your NC?

Picked it up just before they shut on Friday 16th March. Only live 2 miles from the dealers but took 20 mile detour to get home. I Use it for work 5 days a week which is about 55miles round trip. Then go out with the wife most evening and weekends. It soon adds up. :yes:

Oh dear another rider without a sense of direction. I was in Carlisle and found myself in Moffat on the way home to West Cumbria - a 200 mile detour. I can't understand it.... :devil:

Rocker66

At least there is nice tea room in Moffat near the Ram with no ears

Guest PlymouthBikers

well only 686 miles so far on my NC700S so along way to go for my next service ah.

enjoying every minute of it. Even two up sometimes.

Guest motorboy

Not sure about you guys across the pond, but know way will I go 8,000 mi. between oil changes 4,000 max just my yank's opinion.......

Guest gunshot72

ın turkey service km is every 6000 km.I ask them why?They said honda told them.But i insist them its written 12000km in the manual.They repeat its 6000.

Stealers

Maybe the generally hot weather and more likely a dusty atmosphere can result in shorter service intervals for Turkey?

Guest gunshot72

Not sure about you guys across the pond, but know way will I go 8,000 mi. between oil changes 4,000 max just my yank's opinion.......

Nothing wrong with changing your oil in between the normal service intervals but remember that the NC is a low friction, low stress, low revving engine so the oil does not get nailed as much as it does in a traditional motorcycle engine.

Guest motorboy

Your right it is a low stressed engine that's not what I'm worried about it's the transmission shearing the oil in that respect the NC is like all motorcycles.I guess I'm just old school oil& filter every 3000 miles and 10w40 not 10w30 that way after 3000 miles the oil will be close to 10w30 after shearing

Rev Ken

My dad says that modern bike a get full syn. But dont ask me what and why :D

Full Synthetic oil is for highly stressed high performance engines, working near the limits. The NC700 is none of these and it is a waste of money using fully synthetic oil - but if you don't mind how much you spend it won't do any harm!

Guest motorboy

I hope we do not get into a oil thread they go on for ever and really is there any (bad) oil out there.Let me just say I do not put syn oil in my bikes because of the cost I rather change often Over here Honda sells their branded oil which is sold at a good price US$4.75 QT it is jaso ma rated that is what I use with a factory filter.....

Rev Ken

I hope we do not get into a oil thread they go on for ever and really is there any (bad) oil out there.Let me just say I do not put syn oil in my bikes because of the cost I rather change often Over here Honda sells their branded oil which is sold at a good price US$4.75 QT it is jaso ma rated that is what I use with a factory filter.....

What a sensible man you are! :D