wingrider.steve

Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn

wingrider.steve

Fitted a Denali Soundbomb Mini horn to my 2016 750X today.

It fitted quite well in place of the original horn although I did have to slightly extend the cables.

Best of all is the difference in volume compared to the strangled budgie that Honda think is acceptable.

bat-kam

Did you plug the horn into the original wires? Or did you go via relay?

Edited by bat-kam

wingrider.steve

Luckily the Denali horn only uses slightly more current than the original so I just used the existing wires.

bat-kam

Good. One new horn ordered 

Derm

Could you post a photo as to how you mounted it. I have thought about this but thought it would need a relay.

wingrider.steve
17 hours ago, Derm said:

Could you post a photo as to how you mounted it.

I used the bracket supplied with the horn & bolted it to the original horn mounting. I then twisted the bracket a bit so the horn sat at a better angle. Pics:-

DSCF0270.JPG

DSCF0272.JPG

Edited by wingrider.steve
  • Like 2

Derm

Great and thanks, looks good and a necessary bit of kit.

elbee

I fitted a soundbomb mini today. I made up a couple of short cables with crimped spade terminals so that the horn fits in the same location as the original. The original horn mount bar needed a tiny bending back so the soundbomb clears the belly pan (horn opening points down as advised in instructions to prevent water collecting). As my spare cable was green, I wrapped it in black self amalgamating tape for cosmetic reasons.

pjm

The full on Denali Soundbomb, that I have fitted on both my Integra and now the AT, does require a relay but the upside is it is as loud as a small truck and I have to use it with care so as not to cause avalanches 😳😳

Rocker66
2 hours ago, elbee said:

I fitted a soundbomb mini today. I made up a couple of short cables with crimped spade terminals so that the horn fits in the same location as the original. The original horn mount bar needed a tiny bending back so the soundbomb clears the belly pan (horn opening points down as advised in instructions to prevent water collecting). As my spare cable was green, I wrapped it in black self amalgamating tape for cosmetic reasons.

Is it a great improvement on the original?

elbee
1 hour ago, Rocker66 said:

Is it a great improvement on the original?

It's noticeably louder and a lower tone giving more "presence".

• Thanks 1

Rocker66
2 hours ago, elbee said:

It's noticeably louder and a lower tone giving more "presence".

Certainly well worth considering then. Thank you

Bigglesaircraft

I have also fitted one to my NC it is so much of an improvement I have also fitted one to my car. They are brilliant.

SteveThackery

My thanks to you guys for recommending the Sound Bomb Mini.  Just fitted one to my NC and they are brilliant!  MUCH louder, and a far better tone - more authoritative (the original has an apologetic beep in comparison).

I would strongly recommend these to anyone.

Iron horse

Just bought one of these and went to fit it yesterday. Looks like the wires need extending which is a faff. If the terminals are kept pointing downwards, it would be a straight swap with the original but the horn is then pointing up , which is a no-no. Does anyone know if the horn plastic can be turned? Would be ideal as it appears to be a separate piece?

MrP_Lon

Fitted this as well. Quite a difference.

However, took my bike to be covered in ACF to the allyearbiker guys and it seems that something has gone wrong with it as volume came down and does not produce a continuous sound. Sounds pretty embarrassing at the moment :)

Another thing on my to-do list

Iron horse
6 minutes ago, MrP_Lon said:

Fitted this as well. Quite a difference.

However, took my bike to be covered in ACF to the allyearbiker guys and it seems that something has gone wrong with it as volume came down and does not produce a continuous sound. Sounds pretty embarrassing at the moment :)

Another thing on my to-do list

It could be the horn switch. I had problems with mine and cleaned the switch out and now works perfectly. Just two screws on the back of the switch body and squirted some spray in there.

MrP_Lon
3 minutes ago, Iron horse said:

It could be the horn switch. I had problems with mine and cleaned the switch out and now works perfectly. Just two screws on the back of the switch body and squirted some spray in there.

Might do the trick - will squirt some WD40, which seems to be the solution to any problem :D

• Like 1

wingrider.steve
1 hour ago, Iron horse said:

Just bought one of these and went to fit it yesterday. Looks like the wires need extending which is a faff. If the terminals are kept pointing downwards, it would be a straight swap with the original but the horn is then pointing up , which is a no-no. Does anyone know if the horn plastic can be turned? Would be ideal as it appears to be a separate piece?

No you're stuck with it in that position but you only need 60 mm extra on the cables. 

The terminals are standard 6.3mm blade connectors, and as I wanted to leave the bikes wiring unmolested I used 2 female blade connectors and 2 male blades  and two short pieces of cable to make up a 60mm extension. That way if I ever want to put the bike back to standard it's a piece of cake. If you don't want to do it youself try asking at a decent bike shop or auto electicians, they'll make up a similar extension quite cheaply.

• Like 1

Bigglesaircraft
3 hours ago, Iron horse said:

I also made short lengths of wire with a male and female connectors to extend the wiring a little so that the horn was facing down.

Edited by Bigglesaircraft
Spelling again!!!!

gonzo

Halfords do all sorts of electrical bits and bobs, If your not up to making up electrical cable give Halfords a go..

Iron horse

Thanks all. I'll get some spade connectors and give it a go

DB1965

Hi all I have a nc750xae 2019 swaped out the pathetic OEM horn as stated here for a Denali mini sound bomb and it won't work nor will the OEM now. does this need a relay? if so what one? where does it go? would this have blown a fuse? as the OEM won't work now i have refitted that. Any help appreciated never had this problem on my 2015 nc750x this unit worked fine :console:

Delboy777

I'd say youve blown the fuse.

DB1965

Yep i will have a look and swap out the fuse its the question on the relay would be helpful