• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingJames

• Rocker66

• Coval

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you have to press button A while releasing button 2 four times anti-clockwise in sucession using only your left hand on a Tuesday. Of course if the display was previously set to metric and/or

Could be worse...

Hahaha   sorry remembered there was an emoticon for that!

Posted Images

riders in the storm

Bl***y H*ll,

That's 25 minutes of my life wasted trying to adjust the clock....

Did Honda win an award for the least user friendly dashboard ever invented..?

And as for the handbook's explanation.....!   

Took me two minutes to do both cars & and my Kawasaki Scooter and 25 on the Honda.

I'd rather they left a bl***y clock off the dash than one so hard to adjust...

Can they not just copy Audi/VW with a simple GMT/BST adjustment...??!!

Rocker66

I find it easier to just mentally add or subtract an hour for 6 months.

• Like 2
Jeffprince
20 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

+1

• Thanks 1
embee
43 minutes ago, riders in the storm said:

Did Honda win an award for the least user friendly dashboard ever invented..?

Nope, just had a look at someone's Volvo (not a euphemism) where the oil level light had come on and they had ended up phoning the service help line to find out what to do. They said put some oil in and check the dipstick.

There is no dipstick. Nope, no dipstick.

It uses a sensor and somewhere in the dash display menu subset options you can call up the oil level reading …………………….. except that neither of us, with the manual in front of us, could actually get to that stage, the best we could get was an oil level icon which was greyed out. Hopeless. That alone would put me off buying a Volvo ……………………………...

• Sigh 1
riders in the storm
1 minute ago, embee said:

That alone would put me off buying a Volvo

Yep, I had a BMW 3 series with no dipstick.  It's a massive leap of faith to trust that an electronic dashboard will tell you if you need oil. With that and a few other complications, I won't be having a another BMW......

41 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Agreed.   But my OCD won't let me.....!

listener
1 hour ago, Rocker66 said:

I usually set mine for BST and leave it (although I do have the odd non-lazy year :whistle:).

I like the clock to be accurate when I go long runs during the 'nice' days.

During winter I couldn't be less interested in the time - my attention is focussed on not falling off, or more importantly not having my 'ging-gangs' falling off! :blink: :lol:

• Like 2
KingJames
On 3/28/2017 at 20:36, KingJames said:

So a note for myself:

1) Turn on bike

2) Left and right together until 1, 2 or 3 comes up

3) Left again

4) Right enough times

5) Left again

6) Turn off bike

There you are, now where are my keys

• Haha 1
Jeffprince

Could be worse...

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
baben

Okay guys. Now don't get excited but my wife of all people gave me a really good tip. So I got my manual out and reset the time on Tigger in two minutes flat. The cooker however will remain set as it is, after the last power cut. 17 minutes out now, rather than an hour 17.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
listener
4 minutes ago, baben said:

The cooker however will remain set as it is,

The cooker is not a man's thing; leave it to the women! :devil::whistle::P

listener
31 minutes ago, Jeffprince said:

Could be worse...

And it could be a leap year!:whistle:

Grumpy old man

Well if we remain the clocks will stay constant year round.

Rocker66
12 minutes ago, Grumpy old man said:

We used to change the clocks twice a year long before the EU was even thought about. Anyway once we leave changing the clocks will be the least of our worries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Grumpy old man said:

They probably will if we leave as well ;) 

I thought this daylight savings malarkey had been going on forever, but it was invented by the Germans seeking an advantage in WW1. Didn’t give ‘em one because word got out and we copied the idea! :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
suffolk58

Setting the clock on the little car: dead easy.

Setting the clock on the big car: not quite so easy, but only took a minute or so.

Setting the clock on the Africa Twin: Twenty minutes of confusion before I gave up and got the hand book out. But on the plus side I think I've found "an Easter Egg" no, not the chocolate type but the secret functions traditionally hidden in computer software: I have a lap timer! I'm sure it's not mentioned in the hand book.

Mine's been an hour ahead for months now but this morning it's corrected itself 🤔

• Haha 1
Chriswright03

Having had my bike for a mere couple of weeks I have looked at the manual a couple of times but it made my head hurt so I put it down again.  Doesn't matter what it says on the dash anyway cos I can't see it in the bright sun light!  I am still trying to find out if it has an outside temp gauge!

• Like 1
Mr Toad

Just sorted the clock on the GS. 

I wasn't expecting it to be so simple, this is a bike that has so many settings the riders manual comes with warnings about potential back injuries if you don't lift it correctly. 

It took less than two minutes.

Go into the menu, scroll to clock hold to enter setup then us the rocker to either add or subtract and hour.

Done.

Doing to Bonneville was even easier, it doesn't have a clock.

I did the Jeep yesterday evening after getting home from a day out on the river. Again very simple and took moments. I have yet to tackle the Fiat but I don't remember any problems last time I did it.

DaveM59
10 hours ago, howard said:

Mine's been an hour ahead for months now but this morning it's corrected itself 🤔

Mine too, I keep it in BST as that's the most part of the year when I ride other than to commute and I don't need the clock for that.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi look on u tube if I rember you press both button at once for the clock to start flashing the set the time.

good luck

Reckless_Rat

Changing the clock on my NC went well – once I had entered the setup mode by pressing both buttons together.
Then just combinations of Advance and Set.

Then I changed the clock on my 2013 Fireblade but I must have also pressed a wrong button at some point and accidentally reset the “Fuel Used” counter from whatever it had been reading. That was more of a problem because I could no longer tell how much fuel I had in the tank!

Mr Honda in his wisdom seems to have decided that a “Fuel Left” gauge is an unnecessary, weighty extravagance in the Fireblade and provides a “Fuel Used” counter instead. (I guess this uses electronics to add up how much fuel is squirted into the engine?).  This does have implications - like I always fill the tank to the brim when I refuel so that I can estimate how near I am getting to empty. To be fair, it does also have a fuel warning light that is supposed to come on when you need to start looking for a petrol station (and once the tank has been refilled after this light has come on, you can get it to automatically zero the Fuel Used counter).
Would it really have been excessive though to have provided a standard type of fuel gauge for this bike?

(Bike has since been topped up and the counter and fuel consumption are once again working as intended)

Will need to be more careful next time I change the clock.

Rocker66

I find it much simpler just to reset the trip meter and use that to know when I need to fill up.

Reckless_Rat

Yes, I always do that as well, but in this case it seemed to have reset with the fuel counter. Still I had enough other information to make a good estimate depending of course on the fuel consumption rate. Not a serious problem.