Changing the clock time

KingJames

Mikdent

All of my time telling devices, whether it's a watch, kitchen clock, mobile phone, car or the bike, they all have to be synchronised. 

Some would call it OCD and could well be correct, all I know is it bugs me if they are different. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingJames

• Rocker66

• kayz1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you have to press button A while releasing button 2 four times anti-clockwise in sucession using only your left hand on a Tuesday. Of course if the display was previously set to metric and/or

Could be worse...

Hahaha   sorry remembered there was an emoticon for that!

Posted Images

Defender

Twice a year we spend all night changing clocks on various machines at work, a few are network time synchronised, but the majority aren't and are on a 'secure network', so each one has to be visited.

So changing the clock on my NC'X should be easy, But twice a year it takes a bit of head scratching to change it.

Rocker66

The thing I could never work out is when the clocks go forward at 02:00 which obviously then becomes 03:00 if a train is booked to depart at 02:30 what time should it actually depart as there is no 02:30 that day..

• Like 1
Mikdent

Good point Rocker, it's got me scratching my head. :wacko:

If the clocks went back when I was on nights in the old bill, we did an extra hour, unpaid. :angry:

Of course it worked the other way too, but when it did I was on days. :getlost:

Although I was lucky in my 3&1/2 years as I never had to work a Christmas Day shift, Christmas Eve night I did and Christmas night too but my boy was between 3-7 so being home on Christmas Day was good. :) 

I did a few few New Year's Eve nights too, they were fun on foot patrol in Maidstone high street, until later when everyone  was pissed and wanted to fight the world. :hmm:

Rocker66

Our union had it Sussex when we worked the extra hour we got paid for it and when we did an hour less we still got paid for a full shift. Never had to work a Christmas Day although Sue has. When I was single I would swap with one of the married guys to do his Boxing Day shift so that he would work for me to allow me to have New Years Eve evening/night or New Years Day off as it was the birthday of the landlady of the pub I used in Faversham. Once the pub had closed a selected few of us would go upstairs for an all night party. Happy Days..

• Like 1
Rocker66
11 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Our union had it Sussex when we worked the extra hour we got paid for it and when we did an hour less we still got paid for a full shift. Never had to work a Christmas Day although Sue has. When I was single I would swap with one of the married guys to do his Boxing Day shift so that he would work for me to allow me to have New Years Eve evening/night or New Years Day off as it was the birthday of the landlady of the pub I used in Faversham. Once the pub had closed a selected few of us would go upstairs for an all night party. Happy Days..

Didn't check my post that should have read our union had it sussed not Sussex😀

Defender
12 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

The thing I could never work out is when the clocks go forward at 02:00 which obviously then becomes 03:00 if a train is booked to depart at 02:30 what time should it actually depart as there is no 02:30 that day..

I don't think you're the only one confused by that😂.

Defender
12 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

We get paid for an extra hour when the clocks go back in October, but don't get an hour taken away when they go forward! I missed the clock change in March, but will be on night shift for it in October.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Mikdent said:

All of my time telling devices, whether it's a watch, kitchen clock, mobile phone, car or the bike, they all have to be synchronised. 

Some would call it OCD and could well be correct, all I know is it bugs me if they are different. 

So as you run round the house, garage etc to each device, do you guess how much time has passed?

Or do you take the first device with you and wait for the next minute to tick over?

What about analogue clocks with no second hand, how do you know it is set at the exact time?

• 5 months later...

Ex-military just leave the clock set to GMT and write "Z" in chinagraph pencil next to it. That's Zulu Time.

• Thanks 1
MikeBike

I left my clock set to summer time once thinking that I don't use it so.much in winter and it would save me changing it. After having lived with it on the wrong time for almost all winter it went for its annual service in march. They changed it to the then 'correct' winter's time... Just days before summer time. Doh!

It was right for a few days then I got out the instructions.

• Haha 1
  • Sigh 2
Slowboy
On 29/05/2017 at 19:14, Johnnieboy said:

As I often quote... When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Real men don't read instructions sir

My wife says that's why I make so many mistakes.....😳

• Like 2
PoppetM
1 hour ago, slowboy said:

Real men don't read instructions sir

My wife says that's why I make so many mistakes.....😳

Hahaha :rtfm:  sorry remembered there was an emoticon for that!

• Haha 3
  • Sigh 1
  • 11 months later...
KingJames
On 28/03/2017 at 20:36, KingJames said:

So a note for myself:

1) Turn on bike

2) Left and right together until 1, 2 or 3 comes up

3) Left again

4) Right enough times

5) Left again

6) Turn off bike

Tada

• Like 1

Is it that time again Drat:

coopers12345

Happily(?) my trip to work Saturday night(when I would have changed the clock) coincided with it being cold and lashing it down all afternoon, so I'm back in the car and might not have to bother depending on what the weather does during the week.

MikeBike

2 new tyres at the dealers today magically sorted out the wrong time on the display.... result.

• Like 1

I will pop in tomorrow Mike to see when they can do the 600 service on the little UN. If i ask i am sure some body will change the clock for me:oldfart:

Drat: i forgot to get the clock done.. 13th service day i can wait until then.

MikeBike
18 hours ago, kayz1 said:

I will pop in tomorrow Mike to see when they can do the 600 service on the little UN. If i ask i am sure some body will change the clock for me:oldfart:

Otherwise pop round with the book and we'll figure it out over a coffee!

Was it you in the new White Roller convertible LYN 467?  heading from your direction near St Asaph Monday morning? He He...

Edited by MikeBike

No Mike that's next doors missus she did have a Range Rover until she was told the company was no longer British...The same guy is going to tell her who now owns RR next week:banana:

Edited by kayz1
  • Haha 2

All done in a few seconds.  And turned the brightness down to 1 as well....  Brrrr...