Remove wheel w/o center stand

ncmf

Hi, Ive got the nc700s without a center stand. Does anyone know what the easiest way would be to remove the front and back wheels.

I have a tyre changer and was goinf to buy 2 spare tyres so I can change/repair at home in the case of a puncture, but If I cant get them off I wont bother.

Thanks,

Rev Ken

I guess a paddock stand would be the preferred method - but just another reason for fitting a centre stand as standard! :pirate:

• 5 years later...

I use a car jack either on the lower suspension mounting or the bracket for the centre stand. I use pieces of wood to put under the side stand as the bike rises. Once up I put heavy objects in my rear pannier to lift the front wheel up, or just raise the bike enough to get the rear wheel up.

As long as all bolts loosened before hand its safe enough but feel free to tie bike or use other objects to help stabilize the beastie.

I think once I put a bar through the center stand mounting holes and used the jack on that.

If it's a dct model  you will need to take off the handbrake caliper  to fit a rear paddock stand  then you can trolley jack under the sump with a flat piece of wood to get the front up