Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mac750

Old bikes itch.

81 posts in this topic

My rides will be on tree lined roads, accompanied by the Lark.

To ride through the leafy country lanes so dappled sunlight and dark.

I shall waft along in happy embrace of the open road. My motorcycle and I as one enjoying the wonders showed.

Maybe to stop by a river bank and watch clear water flow by.  Or lay a while by the river bank and wonder at the sky.

Happy in my solitude just the bike and me , before once more returning home just in time for tea. 😂

Keats. 

In other words no doubt it will break down in the middle of nowhere and I will have to wait for rescue by the RAC. 👍

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Mac750 said:

My rides will be on tree lined roads, accompanied by the Lark.

To ride through the leafy country lanes so dappled sunlight and dark.

I shall waft along in happy embrace of the open road. My motorcycle and I as one enjoying the wonders showed.

Maybe to stop by a river bank and watch clear water flow by.  Or lay a while by the river bank and wonder at the sky.

Happy in my solitude just the bike and me , before once more returning home just in time for tea. 😂

If that is the riding you crave (and haven't we all?) then there's absolutely no need to dip your toe in the 'Classic Brit' waters at all. I'm not saying they're 'shark infested' (particularly) but they certainly can be 'hazardous'.. 

A Vespa GTS would suit that task admirably. As would any number of modern machines that don't require two hours fettling for every half hours riding. A Royal Enfield would be an excellent choice, giving the Classic 'feel' without the oily fingernails.

19 minutes ago, Tex said:

If that is the riding you crave (and haven't we all?) then there's absolutely no need to dip your toe in the 'Classic Brit' waters at all. I'm not saying they're 'shark infested' (particularly) but they certainly can be 'hazardous'.. 

A Vespa GTS would suit that task admirably. As would any number of modern machines that don't require two hours fettling for every half hours riding. A Royal Enfield would be an excellent choice, giving the Classic 'feel' without the oily fingernails.

The RE I hired in Scotland certainly brought back the nice relaxed feeling of riding in the 60s and rekindled the better memories of it.

2 people like this

Saw a fella yesterday with the continental gt , looked alright . Seemed well enough put together?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Rocker66 said:

The RE I hired in Scotland certainly brought back the nice relaxed feeling of riding in the 60s and rekindled the better memories of it.

That's exactly what I mean. And the exact same thing happens to me when I ride the T100. Who needs 'old clunkers'? Not me! :D

8 minutes ago, Tex said:

That's exactly what I mean. And the exact same thing happens to me when I ride the T100. Who needs 'old clunkers'? Not me! :D

But I would still Wish I had  a Goldie DBD34 Clubman a Brough Superior SS100 and a couple of Vincent's in my garage. My bank manager wishes that I did as well😂😂