Neo

Went to bike fest south today, managed to get a test ride in the X-adv... WOW it's on rails that thing! Was genuinely AMAZED at the handling... 

• Like 6

dazznutts

had a sit on one at Kent MC today and found its quite high off the ground even as though the one i sat on was lowered by 30mm i just managed to flat foot on it and im 6ft 2

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Exceledsteve
2 hours ago, Neo said:

Went to bike fest south today, managed to get a test ride in the X-adv... WOW it's on rails that thing! Was genuinely AMAZED at the handling... 

It's a cracking bike for sure. Waiting for mine to arrive and I'll be showing it off around the streets of Richmond soon :-)

• Like 5

Neo
33 minutes ago, dazznutts said:

had a sit on one at Kent MC today and found its quite high off the ground even as though the one i sat on was lowered by 30mm i just managed to flat foot on it and im 6ft 2

Yes I'm am kinda fat gut short leg it caught me out at a few junctions my dad is 6ft 2 and he has long legs no problem for him, I am sitting here still astonished at how well it got up the road... 

• Like 1

kayz1

600 service for mine Monday 1400hrs,,,,plus some of my bling has arrived:drool:

Yes it is on rails, i too need to get the seat down a few mm's as on uneven ground truck stop car parks and the like

it can get a little scary..I am only diddy at 5' 10" with diddy legs at 29" inseam, even thought about built-up boots:dielaugh:

Lyn. 

• Like 4

larryblag

I'm only 5' 5" and I too have only a 29" inseam - the BMW "configurator" basically said sorry, but none of our bikes are suitable for you :no:

PicsArt_06-12-06.46.23.jpg

• Like 1

kayz1

I had Ohlins make me front and rear shocks 20mm lower for the GS's i had...but funnily enough i did not have a real problem with the 1200gs, it was only just thou.

They do a factory low bike now as well.  BM that is.

Edited by kayz1
  • Like 1

Mac750

It will feel quick in the handling as it has smaller wheels. Remember when the big four had a fad for 16 inch front wheels like on the GPX600. Hump it around a roundabout and it fell into the corners quicker than expected for the first half an hour to an hour until we all got use to it. The XADV will feel very fast steering . 

kayz1

600 service done today for £99.. well happy and both filtres to.

If only the accessories where a little ( big ) bit cheaper ! got the wind deflectors for the X-ADV today also....

£110 for four bits of smoked plastic, and NO fitting destructions either.. I know where the two large bits go

but trying to figure out where the two small bits go is doing my head in..three panels come together at the

place i THINK they go, so they have to fit just right.

• Like 2

Tonyj

Phil have you thought about the grom ? I think you can get a lowering kit as well so no tippy toes

• Like 2

Hati
1 hour ago, Mac750 said:

It will feel quick in the handling as it has smaller wheels.

Wheel (singular). The front is still 17"...

• Like 1

Mac750
Just now, Hati said:

Wheel (singular). The front is still 17"...

Is the wheel base length shorter or fork angle different?  both will make the machine feel very different to the NC 

Hati
3 minutes ago, Mac750 said:

Is the wheel base length shorter or fork angle different?  both will make the machine feel very different to the NC 

27° and 1590 mm opposed to the Integra's 27° and 1525. Based on that, the Integra should feel quicker...

• Like 1

Mac750
9 minutes ago, Hati said:

27° and 1590 mm opposed to the Integra's 27° and 1525. Based on that, the Integra should feel quicker...

Never looked at the spec for rake etc on the NC bikes which for me are a lazy turning bike. As for the Integra Vs the XADV is the ride height taller in the saddle. ?  I would image given its off road credentials it is higher.  I tried the Integra after I bought my 750x and I soon found I adopted my old scooter racing position and started throwing it about much more than I do the 750x. 

• Like 2

larryblag
11 hours ago, Tonyj said:

Phil have you thought about the grom ? I think you can get a lowering kit as well so no tippy toes

Humouring me again Tone? 

That's why I love this forum. :hug:

During my bike hiatus I was given a Pug Vivacity to keep me on two wheels and maintain my no claims. Cost more than the VFR to insure too - but that's another story.

This is about handling, the Pug was great fun but I remember the fery first corner where from muscle memory I applied VFR-like counter steering and nearly went through a hedge. Made me giggle all the way to work :D

Edited by larryblag
  • Like 3

Tonyj

Just pulling your ( very short ) leg :0)

• Like 3

larryblag

Hahahahahahaha. Bog off. 

Lol :hug:

• Like 1

kayz1

Text today to say some more Bling has arrived, i am just waiting for one more bit of kit and then all the plastic come off:o.

I am waiting as the plastics need to come off, front to rear so i will do it once, heated grips: plastics off front to back of engine.

LED spot/fog lights, off front to number plate.

Satnav power, Info not yet available from Honda, so i will make a connection at the Heated grip connection a bit like the  three

flying leads in the sub harness. I will leave a power lead under the body work up by the air box..

• Like 3

Griff

I have one of these bikes now also. Is there a dedicated forum out there ? So far my searches have not found one other than the ADV forum thread.

• Like 1

Exceledsteve
7 hours ago, Griff said:

I have one of these bikes now also. Is there a dedicated forum out there ? So far my searches have not found one other than the ADV forum thread.

I've not found one yet Griff but This NC forum has loads of good advice about the NCs from the good folk here, as well as some great banter.

Getting my X-ADV tomorrow... 1st September on the new '67 reg. Picking up from Dobles in Coulsdon.

WOOHOO! :)

• Like 4

Griff

Best of luck with it. Its an absolute gem of a bike. I am really chuffed with mine.

• Like 2

Neo
5 hours ago, Exceledsteve said:

I've not found one yet Griff but This NC forum has loads of good advice about the NCs from the good folk here, as well as some great banter.

Getting my X-ADV tomorrow... 1st September on the new '67 reg. Picking up from Dobles in Coulsdon.

WOOHOO! :)

There great bikes! Truly perfect for me.... However... Mine is spraying a bit of oil over the dct cover and exhaust guard... I feel a jaunt coming on back to dobles.... 

• Sad 2

larryblag

Just make sure there's not too much oil in it. Dipstick rested on top thread to check - not screwed all the way in like a dealer did once.

Neo
15 minutes ago, larryblag said:

Just make sure there's not too much oil in it. Dipstick rested on top thread to check - not screwed all the way in like a dealer did once.

Cheers Larry will check it tomorrow and clean off the oil this is the first time I have noticed it and im on 1700 miles ish, hopefully just an isolated glitch somehow.. Will clean it off and check oil tomorrow will photograph it before tho and email doble honda as a matter of caution 

Neo

Thought I'd better just ring doble incase they wanted pics emailed I have to say superb service! Spoke to robin not robbing ... 😂 On the service desk he said he needed to see it and to ring aa roadside they recovered it to coulsden earlier where they jumped on it and found an o ring at fault, same day all ready for me to collect, FAB! There very good to there I must say I have only had noting but superb customer care always call me sir which is nice and respectful not "mate" or "boss" I hate that as a customer and I'm not a snob, just got to get to doble to collect it now.. 

• Like 4