Neo

X-adv

macamx
1 hour ago, Tex said:

Did you get the Honda rests? Or something cheaper? How are you finding it now you’ve had it a while?

He absolutely loves it, buy one NOW ! :dielaugh:

Geoff.

• Haha 1

Rocker66
1 hour ago, macamx said:

He absolutely loves it, buy one NOW ! :dielaugh:

Geoff.

I don’t think Tex needs a lot of encouragement😀😀

• Haha 2

kayz1

Guess who i spotted in a well known North Wales Honda main Dealer today picking up his new X-ADV!!!

Tex
5 hours ago, kayz1 said:

Guess who i spotted in a well known North Wales Honda main Dealer today picking up his new X-ADV!!!

Not the famous cycling chappie? Wears yellow a lot? 

hirsute1956

It was me. Traded in the nc700x for a pre--registered x-adv. It was a pleasure to meet Lyn in the flesh for the first time.

Will put pictures up of the x soon.

• Like 4

embee
Posted (edited)
On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:21, hirsute1956 said:

It was a pleasure to meet Lyn in the flesh for the first time.

Oooooh, not so sure about that image ………………………… :wacko:

Congrats on the new bike though ……….

Edited by embee

Griff
On 8/2/2018 at 14:05, Tex said:

Did you get the Honda rests? Or something cheaper? How are you finding it now you’ve had it a while?

Getting the Honda ones. I looked at some of the others but didn't like the mounting brackets as they looked a bit flimsy for something that will bear my full weight. 

Still love it after 14,000kms. The sharp compression damping of the suspension has settled somewhat also and I no longer feel the need for a replacement shock. Fuel consumption is similar to other versions of the NC motor. The OEM tyres will have to go because I never gained full confidence in them. They will be replaced with a PR5 front and a PR4 Scooter rear. Michelin recommend a PR4 on the front because they have tested that combo but they dont see a problem with using a PR5 instead. I have done long journeys on all sorts of roads and in all conditions, and it works well. It generally gives a good account of itself in the company of other bikes and I don't find it lacking when out with the mates. Very few have sold over here so it still gets interest wherever it is parked. It is currently in daily general use in between sessions on other bikes which are all owned for a specific purpose such as trail riding or two up use etc etc. I suspect it will be around me for a long time. 

• Thanks 1

Griff

Put the Honda Footrests on today. I went for the Honda Accessory items in the end because imho they were more robust than others I had seen. When I took them out of the box this was immediately confirmed for me, with small touches evident that are not readily obvious when on the bike. Furthermore the quality of these Rizoma made items is second to none. As such it made it a little easier for me to cope with the price.  See    https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2017-honda-x-adv.1174189/page-73  post no 1453.  Sorry don't have instagram or the like.