Neo

X-adv

Tex
9 hours ago, renners said:

Had a triumph  back in 2001 was a beautiful machine smooth as silk and a pleasure to ride, Trident 900 was a sad day  when i sold it.

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/yqGdebJl95

Nice! Big 'thumbs up!' to that one. :) 

pjm

Saw one in the flesh for the first time at the Yonderman cafe in Saturday. Certainly looked really nice. Thought the guy had left his key in it but of corse it is keyless.

• Like 1

wozza
On 22/09/2017 at 23:40, Tex said:

Don't need a dedicated forum - you have us! Still haven't ridden (or seen!) an ADV yet. I'm avoiding doing so to avoid temptation.. :D 

Agreed 100%. The X ADV is still an NC, but in posh clothes (if you like)....... :D

• Like 2

Griff

Yes indeed there is no doubting the X is still an NC. Same rattly tickover, same metallic whistling intake noise when using plenty of throttle, and that lovely undersquare torque. Its all there but yes indeed the clothes are different. Interestingly it has excellent pillion accommodation as my Wife has recently confirmed.  When I parted with my NC700X last year (mostly because of suspension woes) I still felt I would return to the marque at some point in the future because I liked the motor so much. Little did I think it would be so soon. :)

• Like 4

Tex
2 hours ago, wozza said:

Agreed 100%. The X ADV is still an NC, but in posh clothes (if you like)....... :D

There's lot of it about. My T100 is a Street Twin in a Tuxedo. Maybe the ADV is an Integra in a BMW Rallye suit?

• Like 4

Griff
19 hours ago, Tex said:

Maybe the ADV is an Integra in a BMW Rallye suit?

:angry:  Hmmmm.

• Like 1

Griff

I came across this little review today......

https://yodagoat.blogspot.ie/2017/08/honda-x-adv-review.html

I spotted it on the UKGSER website so coming from one of that lot it is a compliment indeed. Now with over 4000kms on mine I am beginning to dig more what it is about for me at least. More and more I am finding myself seeking out the twistiest reasonably surfaced backroads and riding them as briskly (or even  more so) as any other bike that I own. A bike I tend to compare the X with, albeit a much more powerful machine, is my former KTM 950SM. I am tending to experience the same sort of sensations and urges when riding the X.  Yet the two are so monumentally different in concept.   

• Like 3

kayz1

Glad some one else likes them..:niceone:

Lyn.

aldmannie
6 hours ago, Griff said:

Yet the two are so monumentally different in concept.   

Wheel at the front, wheel at the back, engine in the middle, rider on top, pretty much identical I'd say ;)

• Haha 1

hirsute1956

Put a leg over one at Colwyn Bay yesterday. Seriously tempted. According to Justin they are setting it up as demonstrator. Need to get an email off to Natalie methinks

• Confused 1

kayz1

Come and have a go on mine John..

Lyn.

PS: when it's not raining:muttley:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Griff
1 hour ago, hirsute1956 said:

Put a leg over one at Colwyn Bay yesterday. Seriously tempted. According to Justin they are setting it up as demonstrator. Need to get an email off to Natalie methinks

Hopefully You will let us have your opinion one way or another. 

bonekicker

Went looking on tinterweb--for prices--and most dealers and advertising it as a Scooter !!! Not that I'm bothered--I have always liked it from when it was shown as a prototype.

Question do you still have to throw your leg over it like a bike--or can you slid it through--like a scooter-- that the only problem I still have with my NC750S.

Rocker66
23 minutes ago, bonekicker said:

Went looking on tinterweb--for prices--and most dealers and advertising it as a Scooter !!! Not that I'm bothered--I have always liked it from when it was shown as a prototype.

Question do you still have to throw your leg over it like a bike--or can you slid it through--like a scooter-- that the only problem I still have with my NC750S.

You have to straddle it like a bike and it’s fairly high. I found it awkward.

• Like 1

aldmannie
52 minutes ago, bonekicker said:

All maxi-scooters which have a tunnel are pretty much leg over rather than foot through.

If you want foot through you need a flatter deck like the Vespa, SH, Sym Citycom, Kymco People GT etc.

Griff
1 hour ago, bonekicker said:

Your question has obviously been answered above, however there are ways around everything. On some taller bikes I simply put them on the sidestand and then step on the left peg to mount the bike. As far as I can see the footboards on the X are robust enough to do this as there is a reasonably strong frame supporting them underneath. There are also the optional accessory stand up pegs for offroading which I will eventually get just to be able to stand on rougher roads as I would do occasionally on any bike. If fitted these would do the job perfectly for mounting the bike on the sidestand. 

Any potential purchasers should however note that the saddle height is tall. Probably the tallest of all the so called scooters. 

• Like 1

Marvincon
1 hour ago, aldmannie said:

All maxi-scooters which have a tunnel are pretty much leg over rather than foot through.

If you want foot through you need a flatter deck like the Vespa, SH, Sym Citycom, Kymco People GT etc.

One of the largest maxi scooters, the 650 Suzuki Burgman is definitely a step-through. My xmax 300, body-wise is a maxi, is also step through. I did try to step through the xadv with left foot on the ground, did it with difficulty, it's a legover. 😳

kayz1

You could always have a pair of my rider foot pegs to stand on and flip tuther leg across:oldfart:  thats what i do..

alhendo1

Good morning  folks. I subscribe to this chaps YouTube blogs/vlogs and came across this....thought you might like a wee look. He gives it a great review.

Edited by alhendo1
  • Like 2

Tex

Good review, thanks for sharing. :) 

bonekicker

Definitely worth a test ride--and Yes thanks for sharing the video:thumbsup:

Trev96

The trouble with Missenden Flyer is that he doesn't research what he's testing. In this video he says that the "sport button alters the gear ratios", which is of course wrong.

In a previous test of a Yamaha T-Max DX he completely omitted to mention that it had belt final drive.

• Like 1

Tex
52 minutes ago, Trev96 said:

The trouble with Missenden Flyer is that he doesn't research what he's testing. In this video he says that the "sport button alters the gear ratios", which is of course wrong.

In a previous test of a Yamaha T-Max DX he completely omitted to mention that it had belt final drive.

He would make a great presenter on Top Gear! :D 

• Like 2

pjm

I still find his reviews quite informative though.

• Like 1