Rufio

Another video for the land rover lovers

Rufio

I went to a land rover show. And filmed and edited. Enjoy.

Dave H

Where I was stationed once, a long time ago, they had a land rover pick up.  It was quite new and hardly any miles on it.  The reason being only a handful of officers had it on their driving permit, me being one.  There was always a queue to get pool cars but not for me, I used the Landy.  On my 'patch' was a large area of hilly rough ground, littered with large boulders.  You can guess the rest.

Many happy hours spent policing that rough ground.

• Like 2

Tex

Never really been a fan of Land Rovers. Back in '68, when I started in the motor trade, the garage I worked for used one for recovery work. It had a crane on the back and the whole ensemble looked like something out of Heartbeat (except that series wouldn't be written for donkey's years!).

it was an absolute pig to drive. And an even bigger pig to work on.

Alas, those early experiences put me off them forever. I would much rather walk. :) 

• Like 2

Dave H

Yes I agree they were a pig to drive on the road, even the Range Rover.  Drive one up and down the motorway, day in, day out, with a ton of rescue gear right at the back and you'll know what I mean.  Off road though there wasn't anything else to touch them and we tried most of the competition (especially cheaper ones). I really enjoyed playing off road with them.  Expensive hobby though I should imagine, lots of ,must have, add ons available.

• Like 2

Rufio

That's the problem lots of extras to buy for it. I want a roof tent for adventures. I think I'm going to prep it for the future when me and the other half decide to go travelling. 

• Like 1

Steve1962

Took this photo in 2019 whilst on holiday in Portugal.............this was parked up near the village of Alvor.......

i-2NkBHjg-X4.jpg

• Like 1

Mr Toad
18 hours ago, Steve1962 said:

Took this photo in 2019 whilst on holiday in Portugal.............this was parked up near the village of Alvor.......

i-2NkBHjg-X4.jpg

This is one of those times you find the owner and make them an offer. 

It also reminds me that it's fast approaching the time to get the roof off the Jeep and fit the soft top. 

• Like 1