16000 mile service abroad?

grilo67

Hi everyone!

My NC 750x has currently 12500 miles. In September I'm planning to take it to Portugal on holiday. I'm afraid that whilst I'm out there, I'll hit the 16000 miles.

Does anyone here know if the service is carried out at a Honda dealer in a foreign country, wether it will void the warranty?

It seems silly to have the 16000 mile service done at 13000.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffprince

You have July and August to stick a few more miles on it. Makes sense to book the service in the UK before you go.

Edited by Jeffprince
Stupidity
SteveThackery

I'm as sure as I can be that using a Honda dealer abroad for a service won't invalidate the warranty.  How could it, really?  It would be like Honda giving a vote of no confidence to one of their dealers.

Guest Mac750

As Steve says the warranty stipulation is for a Honda authorised service agent. Plus you may even get a better service than the YTS lad doing it over here whilst texting his girlfriend on chat snap or whatnot.

Interestingly, I note that Triumph are taking steps to improve the quality of dealer mechanics with their own apprenticeship scheme. It reads as though the successful applicants will be working as Triumph employees, but I imagine they will be employed (and paid) by the dealer. Great idea. Factory training and a recognised qualification at the end of it. Maybe they'll cut the sexting out until their lunch break. :) 

Rocker66
10 hours ago, Tex said:

Interestingly, I note that Triumph are taking steps to improve the quality of dealer mechanics with their own apprenticeship scheme. It reads as though the successful applicants will be working as Triumph employees, but I imagine they will be employed (and paid) by the dealer. Great idea. Factory training and a recognised qualification at the end of it. Maybe they'll cut the sexting out until their lunch break. :) 

Honda run a similar scheme.

Guest sykospain

Yes, thankfully still we're talking about "Honda Europe" - for the moment - so it matters not where the service is carried out, provided THE BOOK IS STAMPED and you get a proper invoice, listing whatever Honda authorised parts were fitted.  Like oil and  filter(s). Here in Spain it doesn't even have to be an authorised Honda dealer.

Edited by sykospain

I do not know how busy the service depts are on the continent in the summer but I would think you may need to work out where you will be and when  so you can book in advance. It can take weeks to arrange a service in  the SE  of  England.