indicator relay

lippy the lion

Guest sykospain

On my "S" - not "X" DCT - I fished inside the headlamp binnacle to find the power feeds to each winker bulb and went across each of them with Scotchloks to my 2 small beepers. No need for fusing 'cos they pull less than a gnat's bollock of current. 

I pulled back the insulation sleeve on the 'hot' side of the coloured socket maked '1' in the diagram below.  There's room inside the binnacle to fit the small Chinese beepers too.  I got lucky 'cos the left beeper makes a G flat tone and the right beeper is in C minor.  So that's useful to know which one's flashing...purely by chance of course.  And the noise alerts dopey pedestrians at a junction or crossing.

They think you're an approaching reversing delivery truck.

8af3dc7d-a63a-438e-9d53-e1896f6a7f9a_zps

On the "S" model, you simply release the binnacle by removing the two bolts each side below the winker lamps and lift it off the two rubber grommet pegs on the fork bridge crossbar.  Don't know about accessing an "X" headlamp innards. Look in The Book.

6f6c9a46-6a7b-496b-a5bb-c40931e82e3f_zps

First cable to release is the brown multiway plug for the main lighting, labelled in yellow text in that foto.  Then the two winker feeds - thoughtfully coloured differently by Honda San.  Kushtie.

Edited by sykospain