Bigglesaircraft

Cruise Control

Bigglesaircraft    105
Bigglesaircraft

Have just fitted the little plastic "cruise control" what a difference it has made to my comfort. I suffer with Carpal tunnel syndrome and have previously fitted the Grip Puppies as well. With just the puppies I was still getting pins and needles and painful hands which not only was distracting it also spoilt a good ride out. But now with the CC no pain no discomfort, brilliant. If you're thinking of getting one immerse the plastic bit that fits around the Grip in hot water to make it more pliable.

F.Honda750xd    143
F.Honda750xd

Good to hear you can ride without any distracting pain. I've not

Seen this product before does it disengage easily. 

• Like 1

Bigglesaircraft    105
Bigglesaircraft

The answer is yes. But not quite the same way as I believe your question was asking. It is a small plastic shaped 'ring' which fits around the grip on its outer edge next to the weights. It is operated by throttling to the required speed then gently rest the palm of hand on the plastic to maintain the required speed. In my case it means that a constant grip to keep the throttle where I need it is not required the Palm effectively does the work. It can easily be rotated out of the way when not required if necessary.

• Thanks 1

Bigglesaircraft    105
Bigglesaircraft

Hopefully some pictures showing where it fits.

DSC04534.JPG

DSC04538.JPG

DSC04541.JPG

• Like 1

F.Honda750xd    143
F.Honda750xd

Simplicity is the best design. Good idea. 

If I were travelling a lot I'd have one of these .It doesn't look too dear either. 

• Like 1

Bigglesaircraft    105
Bigglesaircraft

If in the UK I think from reputable shop or motor accessory shop with a customers guarantee and return if not satisfied, they are about £7.00, being in France we have to pay a little more but well worth the expense.

If anyone does buy one of these ---------------------------

Do not forget the hot water treatment as many people have found them to break whilst trying to fit them and have then complained and left negative messages on the Internet due to their own lack of thought.

• Like 1

skm    43
skm

These are a good idea. I too suffered from pins & needles after a riding for a while. I also tried Grip Puppies but not with much improvement. Was told about these & ordered one from the auction site. I agree with the advice to heat it up first before fitting. Since fitting I find riding  more enjoyable as I have no discomfort now. Well worth the cost, which is not very much.   

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

• Like 1

Graham    102
Graham
2 hours ago, Bigglesaircraft said:

The answer is yes. But not quite the same way as I believe your question was asking. It is a small plastic shaped 'ring' which fits around the grip on its outer edge next to the weights. It is operated by throttling to the required speed then gently rest the palm of hand on the plastic to maintain the required speed. In my case it means that a constant grip to keep the throttle where I need it is not required the Palm effectively does the work. It can easily be rotated out of the way when not required if necessary.

It's a cramp buster? I have used them for a while now and have one tucked away on both bikes and clip it on when I need it.

Great little helper!

crampbuster.jpg.361aaf3eec681c4b064704cae7d8c695.jpg

• Like 1

pjm    1,044
pjm

I would love to have cruise control on the AT for long motorway runs. I had used Go Cruise quite successfully on my CBF1000 when doing a 60 mile each way commute. Not sure it will work so well in the AT as I stupidly left the rubber slip ring on the CBF when I sold it. The 'Brakeaway' looks fantastic as touching the front brake switches it off. However apparently it cannot fit with heated grips as the power feed gets fangled up. I will have to have a look at where the wire goes on the bike to see if I can get away with it. At 179 usd its not cheap and I am sure I would get stung for customs on top but certainly looks the top add on of manual controls. The electronic ones are in the region of £1000 and although I would love it I cannot justify that level. I have previously tried a cramp buster but could not get on with it.

poldark    58
poldark

I used to use one of those as a cruise control device, but I found it got in the way on the grip, when I didn't want to use it.

Appreciate it is a godsend for anyone who wants extra support and reduce wrist/hand pressure, but this is better as a specific cruise control - easy to use, simple and cheap (think I paid £10 a few years back but seem reader now).

It's called "go cruise".

z118022.jpg

Edited by poldark
  • Thanks 1

Tiny Tim    78
Tiny Tim
On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 13:43, Bigglesaircraft said:

I modified mine and relocated it to the inside edge, thus allowing it to be held in position with my big fat thumb!

Works for me!

matt28    104
matt28
On 10/08/2017 at 14:24, Bigglesaircraft said:

Do not forget the hot water treatment as many people have found them to break whilst trying to fit them and have then complained and left negative messages on the Internet due to their own lack of thought.

Ordered one, according to online instructions, it must be treated with hot water, but thank you for reminder, as according to feedbacks lots of people was trying just to force them on  handle and they broke it.