Tracker connection to OBD socket

Guest Newriever

As far as I know so far there is only a DLC (data link connector). Not seen it myself so don't know how many pins it is.

http://twiki.pgmfi.org/bin/view.pl/Library/DLC

The service manual also mentions connecting an MCS (page 4-12 and 4-13) which I assume is some kind of reader.

Apart from that the NC uses DTC (diagnostic trouble codes) that it displays on the instrument cluster.

Let us know what you find out.

after my integra disappeared, one of the first things i bought for my new  x , even before i had placed the order for it was to buy a tracker, after i had picked the new bike up the first thing i did when i got home was to remove  a few panels and hide  the tracker. mine just connected to a permanant live power source.

al

Guest Newriever

Thanks for the replies, 

My idea was to be able to sense ingnition or power up without cutting into the harness. OBD 2 connecting trackers, intended for cars, are available, with SIM card, to enable Sms alert when the vehicle is interfered with.

I would like to see the connecter on the nc, to find if this type of tracker would be suitable, or indeed if it could work at all.

Don't waste your time. There is no OBD-II port on most motorcycles. (That will change in the future).

You may use the accessory subharness. It provides switched (ignition) & backup (battery) power lines.

Prefer a tracker oriented for motorcycle usage because of the power consumption...