First Valve Check And Plug Change 750X DCT

mcress

Yep, at 50,000 Mille's.

Only needed to adjust the 2 right hand inlets that were slightly loose at .22

All exhausts still at factory .28 and the other 2 inlets still at .17. Pretty good going I'd say.

Plugs were still in decent shape, but changed obviously.

2 hr job all in.

Cheers,

Mike.

• Like 3

To be honest, my commute to London finishes in february after 20 years, so I may just part with it at that point, I will still be riding my Electric converted Fazer 600 for fun though 😁

• Like 1

You'll burn the starter out riding it like that .. :D

• Like 1

Mike, that is good mileage. I am on 43,000 in 31/2 years but I intend to keep mine until I have done a 100,000 miles. Have they been a trouble free 50,000 m iles for you?

• Like 1
On 18/09/2017 at 17:39, mcress said:

To be honest, my commute to London finishes in february after 20 years, so I may just part with it at that point, I will still be riding my Electric converted Fazer 600 for fun though 😁

Coming from Kent are you on elf the NC's I see each morn gin on my commute into London M25 / A2 / Blackwall Tunnell ?

Interested to know more about the electric Fazer...

• Like 1

Hi rjp - probably! I go exactly that route - M20 first from J3. Red NC reg ending XPP. I come in from just near West Malling - give me a kick if you see me!

I did a bit of a write up on the Fazer conversion - mentioned it on here last year when I was doing the build - I finished it in April - had a few 'Issues' since then, but to be expected and all sorted and it goes well. Let me know if you want any specifics on the project - or PM me your email I can send you some pics of the build.

Cheers,

Mike.

Oh yeah - sorry forgot to say - completely trouble free 50k (4 yrs) - just service items - rear disc at 42k, Taper roller headset conversion at 45k, front wheel bearing at 45k.

I may still keep it when I finish up work in Feb (will be 55 so kinda semi retiring).

Cheers,

Mike.

• Like 3

Bobby or Fire fighter ?? i managed to get to 61 before i P1155ed them off enough to retire me:muttley::dielaugh:

I think the final straw was when i took my pension at 60 and stayed at work:dielaugh:

Lyn.

• Like 1

Neither! I work in IT for a bank - they aren't retiring me - they don't even know I'm going yet :)

Forget the semi-retired thing and just retire.

I retired at 55, I was also in IT, an Oracle DBA, and I know it's a cliche but since doing it I've never stopped enjoying myself. I thought I'd miss the job but I didn't, what did come as a massive surprise was to find out that I wasn't meant to work. I was definitely meant to play all day. :) 

Oh and you'll need the bike for the aforementioned playing, one bike just isn't enough.

As an aside my on-line name is work related Mr Toad - Tool for Oracle Application Development.

Edited by Mr Toad
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Mr T - sound advice - that was my original plan but wife thinks I will just get bored!

Anyone up for a little joint business venture?? :)

Cheers,

Mike.

If you can't afford to retire early (myself)  perhaps the next best thing is to do a job you really enjoy which I am lucky enough to do. Even doing my pizza runs I love doing as I can tear around the streets and have some fun.It's amazing how many fellow bikers also love pizza!!! The end result work doesn't become work anymore. 

• Like 2