Display errors (speedo and revcounter)

Guest Shaun

On 08/10/2017 at 18:52, Shaun said:

Here we go again with bar codes, I have a chance of two displays one a 2013 and one a 2014 (3 miles on clock) as my bike is 2012 I dont know if they changed anything from 2012 to 2014 anyone know ?

Shaun

2016 is when the model refresh came in with the new dash so it may be ok as far as i can tell? Even if they changed minor things between 12 and 14 it should still work methinks..

Well just paid out for a new 2014 cluster with the old one the bike ticks over as it should but indicates 3000 rpm on rev counter with it going into the red with a blip of the throttle (not revving anywhere near 6000 rpm), now with the new one there is no change.

I suppose it is the CPU or something even more expensive that I cannot touch and need a computer controller to sort out at of course premium rates, bring back mechanics and things that we can tinker with.

Fuel economy etc is good but by the time you  they replace sensors, play with little black boxes, replace the magic dust and relieve your wallet of two years worth of petrol for the privilege where has it got us ? 

I am not taking it out for a ride as the dash has zero miles on it and is brand new so will just give up on Honda take a big hit  and go back to a proper basic bike.

Nice forum and I will keep looking in from time to time but for an old timer like me the Honda seem too computer based and my skill with a laptop is limited to asking the wife to turn it on.

Thanks to all for the time you have given me and it is a shame as apart from the problem it is a nice bike .

Shaun

Have you had it stuck on a Honda diagnostics machine? It may throw up which part is running out of spec. Found a problem I had with  TPS some years back.

Long way to dealer but will try it when I can get down to one but may be a week or so and will have to see if the finances will allow.

Will be back on when things change.

Thanks again

sHAUN