Sign in to follow this  
Mark8arker

Lowered

Mark8arker

Hi 

Had my NC750X DCT one week now. Loving riding the bike despite the weather. I had the bike lowered by 30mm. Fits  like a glove now. Just couple of issues come across because i lowered the bike!

Centre Stand

If i want to fit centre stand it will need loads of modification to fit?

DCT Foot gear change kit.

Cant be fitted?

The centre stand would be really handy. No holes for bobbins neither. R&G do a set that fit on the rear wheel bolts. Going to adjust my paddock stand tomorrow see if thats ok. The foot gear change can do with out. Will get used to the hand controls. Has any one else came across these issues?

• Like 1

SteveThackery

The centre stand will lift the bike up to the original height.  That is, the distance between the bottom of the frame and the ground when on the stand will be the same, whether or not the bike has been lowered. 

Bearing in mind that it starts from 30mm lower, it means you've got to lift the bike through 30mm more than the original bike.  This will be pretty tough work, especially as the leverage angle on the centre stand will be even less advantageous for those first 30mm.

I think a centre stand is so useful I'd fit one anyway and try it.  If it's too tall, I would get someone with workshop and welding skills to cut and shut it 30mm shorter.

Unless you can buy a shorter centre stand??

SteveThackery

Ooops!

Mark, it's better not to ask the same question in two separate threads, otherwise it leads to lots of confusion (such as me answering your question before seeing it's been answered already in the other thread).

• Thanks 1

Mark8arker
On 10/7/2017 at 21:02, SteveThackery said:

Ooops!

Mark, it's better not to ask the same question in two separate threads, otherwise it leads to lots of confusion (such as me answering your question before seeing it's been answered already in the other thread).

Hi 

The centre stand off the "S" model is already 30mm lower and fits!!!! Local deal have ordered me one. Having it fitted on the  first service on( 20th Oct).  Sorry for confusion. Thanks for help

Mark

• Like 1

SteveThackery
54 minutes ago, Mark8arker said:

Hi 

The centre stand off the "S" model is already 30mm lower and fits!!!! Local deal have ordered me one. Having it fitted on the  first service on( 20th Oct).  Sorry for confusion. Thanks for help

Mark

Thanks for telling us the conclusion - it's always useful for others following on to find definitive answers.

• Like 1

Mark8arker
On 10/11/2017 at 21:24, SteveThackery said:

Thanks for telling us the conclusion - it's always useful for others following on to find definitive answers.

The centre stand fits perfectly!

• Like 2

Graham NZ

What about the side stand? 

Rocker66
31 minutes ago, Graham NZ said:

I had my side stand shortened. I believe some people have fitted the one from the S when lowering their X models.

• Like 4

Mark8arker
On 12/4/2017 at 17:37, Graham NZ said:

The side stand was cut down and welded back together by the  LBS been using for years. Part deal when bought the NC!

Edited by Mark8arker
  • Like 1

bonekicker

If you fit crashbars the bobbins can be fastened to them that's what I did. :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

Rocker66
22 hours ago, Mark8arker said:

The side stand was cut down and welded back together by the  LBS been using for years. Part deal when bought the NC!

That’s exactly what I have had done on a few bikes and never had a problem.

• Like 1