Fatblokeonamoped

Additional Lighting Suggestions

Fatblokeonamoped

Now the nights are drawing in, I'm realising how lousy the LED headlight is on my 2017 Integra.  I seem to be straining as I peer into the gloom and the roads I ride here in sunny Norfolk tend not to be lit by street lights.

I'm after suggestions for adding additional discrete lamps to improve the dipped beam situation (although the main beam isn't too much better.)

• Like 1

Morph

Some of the posts on here talk about adding a couple of CRE lamps (similar to the Denali ones: e.g. http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Honda/NC750X/2015/DENDNLDM050/ to the front, which may be easier if you already have crash bars.  Not expensive lamps either... if you get them off "that site" , but you do need to wire them into the loom.  Plenty of experts here that have done it before and can advise (alas, not me!)

Edited by Morph
  • Like 1

SteveThackery
5 hours ago, Morph said:

Some of the posts on here talk about adding a couple of CRE lamps (similar to the Denali ones: e.g. http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Honda/NC750X/2015/DENDNLDM050/ to the front, which may be easier if you already have crash bars.  Not expensive lamps either... if you get them off "that site" , but you do need to wire them into the loom.  Plenty of experts here that have done it before and can advise (alas, not me!)

Eighty quid each from R&G!  Shit me!

• Sigh 1

bonekicker

Plus VAT :devil:  David have a proper look around--plenty of led lights and far better and cheaper than these--But if you want them just get em--have you seen extra light given from these on someone else's bike? :thumbsup:

Morph

I thought there were a load of posts on here about this... but me searching for stuff like 10W or CRE brings up nothing.   Have they been deleted or maybe the indexing is not working correctly?  

pjm

I bought a pair of led spots from Banggood that were les that £18. I don't go out in the dark as I use them as DRL's so cannot comment on how effective they would be. Apparently Tex and Little Tex thought they were blindingly bright when I arrived at Forest Row on Sunday. At the price point it is worth a try. I have seen similar lights priced over £100. The most expensive part for me, on the AT, was the Denali light bar to mount them.

Morph

Ah.  Yes I just found your comment.  The original thread (must be loads of them) is: 

CFB
On 11/10/2017 at 08:55, pjm said:

I bought a pair of led spots from Banggood that were les that £18. I don't go out in the dark as I use them as DRL's so cannot comment on how effective they would be. Apparently Tex and Little Tex thought they were blindingly bright when I arrived at Forest Row on Sunday. At the price point it is worth a try. I have seen similar lights priced over £100. The most expensive part for me, on the AT, was the Denali light bar to mount them.

I can vouch for how bright they are to look at. Bright!

After seeing them on Peter's bike, I am waiting for a pair to arrive from Bangood.

I don't usually ride in ride either, but have a HID conversion on the headlight, which I am very pleased with.