Mr Toad

Shad Seat fitted

Mr Toad

Half an hour ago DPD delivered my new Shad comfort seat.

Fitting took about ten minutes, undo the three bolts to get the rear seat off and swap over the four rubber pads to the new seat and bolt it on. On the front there's two rubber pads and the two rubber grommets for the bolts to swap over.

It looks fantastic and feels great.

I ordered it on Monday after a longish ride on Saturday, I did the Ride To The Wall, and by the time I was half way home I was fidgeting about trying to get comfortable. All I need now is a good ride to see what improvement the Shad seat brings. Today would be great as the sun is out but I'm just about to go to my daughters to help her move some stuff into their new house. Hey Ho. :) 

• Like 2

Smudger

You will not regret this purchase!

First of all you will not notice too much but as the seat starts to bed in and mould to your posterior you will start to feel the benefit and extend the bikes rideability.

Enjoy the difference!

-Mark-

• Like 2

Jeffprince

Knowing your eye for a bargain, where did you get it? Price, if not private? Final question....seat unit only, or pillion as well? I'm on the hunt....

Mr Toad
2 hours ago, Jeffprince said:

Knowing your eye for a bargain, where did you get it? Price, if not private? Final question....seat unit only, or pillion as well? I'm on the hunt....

I ordered it from Fast Bike Bits and it was £230 and yes that included the pillion. 

http://www.fastbikebits.com/search?xSearch=nc750x+shad+seat&x=0&y=0

It looks and feels so much better than the original and is a perfect fit. I'm very impressed with the quality, looking forward to trying it. 

Jeffprince
11 minutes ago, Mr Toad said:

I ordered it from Fast Bike Bits and it was £230 and yes that included the pillion. 

http://www.fastbikebits.com/search?xSearch=nc750x+shad+seat&x=0&y=0

It looks and feels so much better than the original and is a perfect fit. I'm very impressed with the quality, looking forward to trying it. 

Thanks Nick. Just ordered one. 

• Like 1

Mr Toad

Been out on the new seat today.

I rode it for five hours with a just a couple of short breaks for a cuppa and petrol and the seat is fantastic, worth every penny.

Jeffprince
48 minutes ago, Mr Toad said:

Been out on the new seat today.

I rode it for five hours with a just a couple of short breaks for a cuppa and petrol and the seat is fantastic, worth every penny.

Phew, thank gawd for that! Can't wait for mine to arrive. 

Mr Toad
9 hours ago, Jeffprince said:

Phew, thank gawd for that! Can't wait for mine to arrive. 

When I got it out of the box my first thought was that it looked exactly like the original only better made in nicer material. It did cross my mind that it might not be all that different to sit on.

However on closer inspection it's nothing like the original, the Honda seat is quite narrow at the front with definite edges, the Shad is wider and more rounded where it falls away. Also the rear is also wider with a more contoured look to it and the foam has more give in it.

• Thanks 1