JT vs Chiaravalli sprockets

pointer2null

pointer2null

Order a chain and sprocket set from fleabay and the front sprocket isn't a JT branded one. Contacted the supplier and they said they had substituted a Chiaravalli one isead as out of stock on JT.

I've never heard of Chiaravalli sprockets - are they any good or cheap and nasty?

Not sure whether to accept it or reject the order.

DaveM59

If it was electrical I'd be wary (Italian electrics!) but their engineering is sound.

May even be better than JT, as where are JT made?  They seem very reluctant to admit exactly where the factory is, only letting on where their distributors are.

I've not come across them before, but from their website it looks like production might well be in Italy, in which case worth a punt I'd suggest. As Dave says, JT probably aren't going to be made in "Yurp" even though they are generally well respected. http://www.chiaravalli.com/

Only thing to watch for is whether the sprocket is symmetrical on the splined hub. The OE part is symmetrical but some folk have had pattern parts which are offset.

We're not talking huge expense so even if in a few thou miles you decide it doesn't look good you haven't lost a great amount. Keep an eye on it.

I had a machine spindle made by LMC and that did the job, infact it is still running true 8years on.

( milling machine sorry )

Lyn..