kayz1

other bikes/and things

kayz1

Well,  what can i say!

I think most have heard my story of the Mid-Wales long weekend with some mates this year.

The first time the X-ADV had been out in the rain, and boy did it rain,,all weekend. BUT< the run

down from North to Mid Wales the roads were mucky, on arrival i parked up next to a new Africa

Twin with an even bigger gap between the rear wheel and body that that of the little X. The rear

end of the Affy was spotless my bike looked as if some one had chucked a bucket of crap on it.

So later that week i decided to get a rat for the winter as no way would i be able to keep the X

clean in winter.

So yesterday i went out armed with my interweb list and notes i had taken over a few weeks,

i had a max price set in mind plus £500 just in-case ( as you do ) anyway after about two hours

i thought i was getting nowhere so headed home. Prices far to high for what was on offer, called

into my local Suzuki dealer as i had not been in in a while, they have a good cafe in the front, long

story short i got a NEW  Kawasaki J300 scooter otr £3,700....happy bunny apart that is from

spending my pension :oldfart::muttley:

• Like 8
  • Sigh 1
  • Thanks 1

Exceledsteve

I'm just going to make do with my new sponge I'm hopefully getting for my birthday in 2 weeks. I can hardly wait.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Grumpy old man

Well I did a similar thing and ended up with a CBF500 with all the extras on it. Paid more than I wanted and I think too much but I do like riding it. Restricted it now so my lad can ride it on an A2.

• Like 3

lazlo woodbine
2 hours ago, kayz1 said:

i got a NEW  Kawasaki J300 scooter otr £3,700....happy bunny apart that is from

Congratulations

Extensive road test with pictures please:devil:

• Like 1

Tex

Good for you, Lyn. A pal has the Kymco Downtown 300 (same thing, really) and it’s been brilliant. Enjoy. 

• Like 1

MikeBike

Congrats Lyn. When are you collecting it?

Make it sunny and I'll meet you for Bacon Egg and Chips lunch at Sams Cafe.

kayz1

Hi Mike,  picking it up on the oneth of the eleventh timed to your grumbley tummy:muttley:

Will do on the report thing after the run in period i think they restrict the revs to 5000

for the first 600miles..well that's what the book says...:devil: The only real problem with

them seems to be the service intervals are 3000 miles...not good these days, but it

only hold 1.5lts of oil, on the plus side they do have a real oil filter..and reports on them

mainly seem good..

kayz1

Ow! almost forgot, i have ordered a Puig screen for it as they are a little taller that of the tiny sport screen OE fitted, the qwka tall screen is made by Givi

and is so tall a 6 footer has to raise up off the seat to see over it. Also Givi plate for the box/pillion back rest for Pat, Plus heated grips.

As said it is black, don't like to disappear into the background so spots and a stripe i think, head lights are only 35watt...

• Like 1

MikeBike
59 minutes ago, kayz1 said:

Hi Mike,  picking it up on the oneth of the eleventh timed to your grumbley tummy:muttley:

In my calendar...

bonekicker

Sir Lyn -- I'm Confused?  Yes it's not hard for me--But--how did buying a new Kawasaki J300 scooter-- solve the problem of your XADV getting mucky??  is it a special mudguard--in which case it was rather expensive-- Thought about it again--and still confused.  :console:

• Haha 3

Tex

I bought my Integra as a ‘ride to work in all weather’ bike. As the weather deteriorated I began to look for a winter hack and Mrs Tex said “Hang on! What do you mean your ride to work bike is too nice to ride to work?!” :D 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

trisaki

Women don't understand!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

kayz1

Michael,    ****solve the problem of your XADV getting mucky****

Easy: i leave the X-ADV in the shed and ride the J300..see, no rust or crap to clean off..

Lyn.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

wozza

I'm looking forward to seeing the piccies Lyn.. :)

larryblag
On 17/10/2017 at 10:58, kayz1 said:

Well,  what can i say!

I think most have heard my story of the Mid-Wales long weekend with some mates this year.

The first time the X-ADV had been out in the rain, and boy did it rain,,all weekend. BUT< the run

down from North to Mid Wales the roads were mucky, on arrival i parked up next to a new Africa

Twin with an even bigger gap between the rear wheel and body that that of the little X. The rear

end of the Affy was spotless my bike looked as if some one had chucked a bucket of crap on it.

So later that week i decided to get a rat for the winter as no way would i be able to keep the X

clean in winter.

So yesterday i went out armed with my interweb list and notes i had taken over a few weeks,

i had a max price set in mind plus £500 just in-case ( as you do ) anyway after about two hours

i thought i was getting nowhere so headed home. Prices far to high for what was on offer, called

into my local Suzuki dealer as i had not been in in a while, they have a good cafe in the front, long

story short i got a NEW  Kawasaki J300 scooter otr £3,700....happy bunny apart that is from

I had one of those. Made by Kymco as you probably already know. Brilliant it was. Plenty fast enough for most real world use and ideal as a winter bike. Used to easily blow off most cars at tge lights. Huge underseat storage with gas strut and little light. Front cubby with USB socket too. 

Only mod I did was to fit an adjustable aerofoil to the windshield. Got a used MRA screen (from some bike) off that auction site and salvaged the aerofoil off that. Made a big difference especially in heavy rain. 

Me and Kelly used to get a week's shopping under the seat.

rjp996

Googled images of the Kawasaki J300 scooter just to see what it looked like - got this back :-)

looks very practical for work ;-) have fun...

69774.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Wedgepilot

I had a test ride on a J300 once, it was a fun little thing and pretty nippy. 

I think it might have struggled with the motorway party of my commute, so I went for the 700X in the end 😀

kayz1

Thanks guys, i don't think i will be doing many motorways now i have retired, well maybe the odd mile or 50...

tis to stop the X-ADV getting mucky:dielaugh:

Graham
On 10/19/2017 at 10:50, rjp996 said:

Googled images of the Kawasaki J300 scooter just to see what it looked like - got this back :-)

looks very practical for work ;-) have fun...

69774.jpg

It's all about volume!IMG_1899.JPG.a6379cf2aabe3a4bffadaccef38568ac.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Exceledsteve

Get those two together and you've got a recipe for a great night of footy on the telly.... or the Strictly Dancing show for many here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exceledsteve
On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 00:32, kayz1 said:

Thanks guys, i don't think i will be doing many motorways now i have retired, well maybe the odd mile or 50...

tis to stop the X-ADV getting mucky:dielaugh:

I got my new sponge today for my birthday so I'm sorted too. It's been a good day, one I'll never forget. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rev Ken
16 hours ago, Exceledsteve said:

I got my new sponge today for my birthday so I'm sorted too. It's been a good day, one I'll never forget. :blink:

A bucket for Christmas?

• Haha 2

kayz1

Well the roads were dry today so out i went on my usual running in route lots of bends  so as not to say put at one speed.. a few hills....Snowdon :dielaugh:

Temps down to 4 deg in places. I must say i am very impressed with the way it handles, low speed riding is like any another  scooter>>>>hinged in the

middle>> but once the speed gets up over 45-ish it just feels like a small sports bike, can be chucked around with great abandon :devil: feels very well

planted..seat good enough for a couple of hours at a time i would think, I do seem to be sitting close up to the bars after the X-ADV but then it is a

small-ish scooter, lots of room under the seat ( with led light as well ) so on my way home i called into A+D Motorcycles for a brew::just in order to wrap

my fingers around the hot cup....bought an oil filtre whilst at the shop.  I arrived home just as it started to rain, a qwik brush up and hose down and back in

the shed, another qwik coffee and out to change the oil and filter..122Miles and counting..Happy now i no how it runs..

Lyn.

• Like 3

Foxy
On 19/10/2017 at 13:48, larryblag said:

Only mod I did was to fit an adjustable aerofoil to the windshield. Got a used MRA screen (from some bike) off that auction site and salvaged the aerofoil off that. Made a big difference especially in heavy rain. 

I would like to fit something like that to the nc standard screen, anyone done it.

slowboy
2 hours ago, Foxy said:

I would like to fit something like that to the nc standard screen, anyone done it.

Loads of us, it definitely improves things. Mine was fitted to a Honda touring screen on my NC700X.