• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• embee

• Trumpet

• trisaki

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In simple terms, When you pull in the clutch leaver you disengage the clutch plate's causing them to slip, so causing wear through friction between bonded clutch plates and the plain steel plates

Have to say I agree with David on this one. ‘Back in the day’ we were taught to select neutral at a standstill (a habit I couldn’t break, even on a DCT) because the clutch pushrod would overheat and w

There have been a (very) few instances of clutch  failure reported, nearly all of them on bikes ridden in London traffic it seems. Generally speaking the clutch on an NC is not considered a ‘weak poin

Posted Images

The bike shop stripped the clutch out and it was found to be "fryed".

I Will attach a photo of old plates when I can get them down in size.

They reported their findings to Honda UK, who kindly agreed to supply all new parts gratis valued at £170) :)

However I had to pay for the labour (£152, Which included new oil and filter).

However they did loan me a new CB650F fro the week at no charge..!

Not a bad outcome in the circumstances, so I am reasonably happy.

The mechanic told me that in his opinion the clutch is not "man enough"  for the job and that their trainer bikes have gone through a clutch in 600 miles. :shocked:.

So I am going to be extra gentle on it now and if it goes again I think that an aftermarket HD kit will be the way forward

As soon as it starts slipping appreciably the plates will overheat and fry. It's a question of why it started slipping, cause and effect. Anyway, you have a new clutch pack from Honda so good result.

larryblag

Really strange. I've never had a clutch fail like I said earlier. There must be more to this otherwise there'd be more reports of similar on here? I could understand there being perhaps one faulty plate in a pack but the whole set? Unless the failure of one plate has put seeds on the rest but that's unlikely too. If it's not down to incorrect adjustment then I suspect a clutch basket fault is "snagging" the plates and keeping the them from engaging fully. Great that you have some of the cost let by Honda. The price for the parts would suggest a full clutch pack (including basket) has been fitted so hopefully that'll be the end of it for you :D

trisaki

At the price of £170 I think you get  the full set of friction plates Inc the two special  ones and the plain metal ones  i doubt it would include the basket 

Edited by trisaki
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, trisaki said:

At the price of £170 I think you get  the full set of friction plates Inc the two special  ones and the plain metal ones  i doubt it would include the basket 

Indeed,.

Basket was Fine, just Friction and Steel plates also Springs and lock nut.

Respect to Honda UK for that. :thumbsup:

Pictures of old plates

del.jpg

Burn baby Burn.....

Edited by DelBoy