Handle bar end screw size

Dunnster

Dunnster

Does anybody know what size/(pitch) thread the handlebar end screw is? M6 or M8 cap head?

item 25 in the picture. I need 2 longer ones. 

image.jpeg

Mine on the 2016 750X were M6X1 but i can not remember how long they were 70mm comes to mind but you need to check further.

Lyn.

• Thanks 2
Guest bonekicker

Do you mean the handle bar end weight? I also think it's M6--are you putting hand guards on? if so they come with there own fittings--the piece inside the bars will have to come out--then new one inserted--this as to be done--because the guards have slotted spacers on to stop guards from turning round. :thumbsup:

Dunnster

Thanks folks :thumbsup:

Im fitting some muffs but with my hand guards still in place there’s not enough length in my bolt to go into the handlebars. 

Thought it would be M6 by part #25 being 6x65. 

Thanks again :flowers:

On 14/11/2017 at 07:07, Dunnster said:

Thanks folks :thumbsup:

Im fitting some muffs but with my hand guards still in place there’s not enough length in my bolt to go into the handlebars. 

Thought it would be M6 by part #25 being 6x65. 

Thanks again :flowers:

Agree with Dunnster, 6x65 I would assume standard 1mm pitch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think they're usually a countersunk head aren't they? What you replace it with depends on what surface it's going onto, flat or countersunk.

Edited by embee
  • Thanks 2
larryblag

The bar end weights on my 750S were always slightly loose. I tried tightening the screw but that had no effect. Left an alone in the end .

Graham NZ
15 hours ago, larryblag said:

The bar end weights on my 750S were always slightly loose. I tried tightening the screw but that had no effect. Left an alone in the end .

That's because the long internal sleeve unit hasn't been staked into the hole provided in the side of the bar.  Even when it is the whole assembly can be moved a little, which is how it's meant to operate.  An elaborate system for sure but it works so that the mirrors stay vibration-less.

• Like 1
larryblag

My worry was that my hand would slip off it.