Clutch

Guest Rufio

Since trying to tow my dads car and burning the clutch. I have a new clutch all fitted however i find that if i go into neutral at traffic lights its hard to get into 1st gear. If i then roll forward a little it goes into gear. 

I remember when the garage replaced the clutch they said that i will have to adjust the clutch cable a little. Is this pretty simple? Or can i adjust too much that i will end up burning the clutch again.

You were using your NC 750 to tow a car? Now I’ve heard everything. 

Sorry i cant help you on the clutch thingy. 

trisaki
32 minutes ago, Rufio said:

Since trying to tow my dads car and burning the clutch. I have a new clutch all fitted however i find that if i go into neutral at traffic lights its hard to get into 1st gear. If i then roll forward a little it goes into gear. 

I remember when the garage replaced the clutch they said that i will have to adjust the clutch cable a little. Is this pretty simple? Or can i adjust too much that i will end up burning the clutch again.

Hiya mate  on the handlebars  you have a adjuster on the clutch cable you really want to aim for roughly  3 to 5mm of free play  before  the clutch operates if you  don't have free play  you will damage the clutch if you  have too much  you may find gears  are harder to find  - you may have  to adjust  when cold and may have readjust when hot - to find the sweet spot 

Edited by trisaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
trisaki

Check and double check your oil level   

4 hours ago, trisaki said:

Check and double check your oil level   

... with the bike upright and the dipstick resting on the threads, not screwed in.

trisaki

All one oil 10w 40 or 10w 30 semi synthetic