Workshop stand

Guest PaulE

I'm very, very restricted when it comes to space in my 'workshop' so I put a heavy-duty chain diagonally across ceiling (well, from wall to wall really). To lift the bike up (and to leave it suspended) I use a pulley-system attached to the ceiling chain. Once the bike is at the required height a cargo-sling (attached to short chains with M8 snap-hooks on each end) is then used to clip it into the ceiling chain enabling me to take the pulley off again ...

• Confused 1
Grumpy old man
6 hours ago, TJW said:

I'm very, very restricted when it comes to space in my 'workshop' so I put a heavy-duty chain diagonally across ceiling (well, from wall to wall really). To lift the bike up (and to leave it suspended) I use a pulley-system attached to the ceiling chain. Once the bike is at the required height a cargo-sling (attached to short chains with M8 snap-hooks on each end) is then used to clip it into the ceiling chain enabling me to take the pulley off again ...

Pictures please 😊

• Sigh 1
8 minutes ago, Grumpy old man said:

Pictures please 😊

No! Sounds scary! 😳

• Like 2
Graham NZ

Centre stand for rear plus hydraulic jack under motor for front. Fine with both wheels out at once.

As with many centre stands the lifting arm tends to ground first.

• Like 1
On 22 December 2017 at 08:30, Trev said:

I was really tempted by one of these but understood can only be used on 'superbikes' with the correct access through the swinging arm, is this not correct? I would love something like this that I cold use to lift various bikes. 

Trev I have Jerry rigged it for my dirt bike  and it can do the rest with the possible exception on the nc . I need to have a look . I placed a 10mm bolt in the swing arm pivot with a 17mm head and fitted a socket to this and placed these inside the fittings on the stand , da da sky lift for my dirt bike , which will be the handiest thing ever for me . This needs the most attention due to its nature and use.

Edited by Tonyj
Double post
On 12/26/2017 at 00:04, Tonyj said:

Trev I have Jerry rigged it for my dirt bike  and it can do the rest with the possible exception on the nc . I need to have a look . I placed a 10mm bolt in the swing arm pivot with a 17mm head and fitted a socket to this and placed these inside the fittings on the stand , da da sky lift for my dirt bike , which will be the handiest thing ever for me . This needs the most attention due to its nature and use.

Thanks Tony, I goggled them and then sent a couple of questions and got next day reply + a few points answered that I had not thought about, impressed by their response. I will be ordering in the next week or so (birthday pressie to self :angel:) including the bracket/anchor options they recommend and will let you know how I get on.

Trev I haggled a bit , try and speak to steve . He is definitely easier to negotiate with :0) .

got a couple of ex demo ones at a good price but would have paid full wallop if I had too. Me and a friend wore him down :0) . They are alright to deal with . He chucked in a few other bobbins as well.

• Thanks 1