Jobs/Service Schedule

TJW

Hi there,

Had a look around the place (this site) but it doesn't appear that the following question has been posted/discussed/answered:

Is there a list available detailing what specific jobs are to be done at what service (600 mile, 8,000 miles, 16,000 miles, etc.)?

My 700X is now 5 years old and I can't help but feel that I could have save a lot of money by doing some of the annual maintenance myself. For example, I paid £650 for the last annual service and some of the stuff they did, i.e., change chain/sprockets, brake pads front/back, replace front tyre (which I provided), change engine oil, etc. I plan to do myself the next time (and only ask them to do the stuff I can't do that easily myself, like valve clearance, etc.).

The trouble is that I don't know what is due to be done at what time ...

Cheers

Thomas

Its all in the service book that came with the bike,.,!!

• Like 2
Rocker66

As Gonzo says it's in the service  book except for things like changing pads chains and tyres which should be changed when they are worn. There is no specific mileage for these as how quick they wear depends on several variables such as how the bike is ridden and the type of journies it is used for

• Like 1
coopers12345

Air filter every 16k, oil/filter every 8k. Clean/inspect everything at each service.

Valve clearances are actually fairly simple to check, there's videos on Youtube detailing it. Worth taking a look at before paying someone else to do it.

• Like 1

I'd pay some one to put air in my tyres :0) . Or clean the wheels . That's lazy right :0)

• Haha 1
On 12/23/2017 at 23:35, Tonyj said:

I'd pay some one to put air in my tyres :0) . Or clean the wheels . That's lazy right :0)

I was like that when I was younger ... but now I find it actually quite relaxing to do some basic maintenance myself. It certainly gave me a reason to - over some time - establish a small workshop/hobby-shed with spare parts and tools ...

• Like 1

Actually I quite like doing bits and pieces myself , but sometimes like it when it's done for me.

I've recently bought an Abba  skylift so no excuses now .