lowering an x-adv

Guest Curlycol

Guest Curlycol

hi all

does anyone know if you have to shorten the side & main stands if you lower the bike by altering the dog bones of the rear shock absorber

cheers

• 2 years later...

Yes i used Lust Racing 30mm lower, and the side stand from an NC750S.. Ow! buy some grease if you do not have any in stock.

My suspender bushes had NO grease in them the bearings were bone dry, Luck for me i did them two weeks after i bought the

bike. Also do not forget to check if the new dog bones have a chamfer as the Honda bearing pins do, if you fit a D/B with out it

will lock up or bind as you torq them .

PS: i did the calcs and did not both the drop the forks through the clamps as 30mm at the rear worked out not a lot at the front

i did not find any problems with the steering.

Edited by kayz1
Perthshire
1 hour ago, kayz1 said:

PS: i did the calcs and did not both the drop the forks through the clamps as 30mm at the rear worked out not a lot at the front

i did not find any problems with the steering.

hi,  this is a great tip as that was the part I was not going to attempt myself,  I was considering taking it to the dealer.   I think I can manage the back end myself.

I used the garden spade under the rear wheel to take the weight off, and also to reinstall after the swap...don't forgat to re-adjust the chain..

Lyn.

I used the garden spade under the rear wheel to take the weight off, and also to reinstall after the swap...don't forget to re-adjust the chain..

Lyn.

I used the garden spade under the rear wheel to take the weight off, and also to reinstall after the swap...don't forget to re-adjust the chain..

Lyn.

Lyn.