ACF 50 applied professionally?

alhendo1

Finlayson99
16 hours ago, Swissheavy said:

Seriously guys, when you see how much labour is put in, £70 is worth it. Top end I’ll admit. But worth it. 

+1 totally agree

alhendo1

Thanks for the replies folks.....the only reason I really thought of this is they seem to really deep clean and dry the bike before application and then probably have the correct nozzles for proper atomisation of the product to allow it to really adhere. ...I'm of the opinion that £70 is a lot of money but then the operator has to get paid....if I'm going to apply it myself then I reckon I'd have to do it once a month just to be sure.....decisions to be made!....anyway at the moment the bikes going nowhere. ...ice and a now again. ...

• 2 weeks later...
TheEnglishman

I don't get a 'deep clean and dry' - as soon as you ride on a wet/damp road the bile will be dirty again.  

And spray it on yourselves - a 1l bottle lasts ages and a small hand compressor/sprayer bottle is <£10 at DIY stores.

Spend the savings on booze and hookers - you'll get more pleasure from it!  Live a little guys...

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, TheEnglishman said:

I don't get a 'deep clean and dry' - as soon as you ride on a wet/damp road the bile will be dirty again.  

And spray it on yourselves - a 1l bottle lasts ages and a small hand compressor/sprayer bottle is <£10 at DIY stores.

Spend the savings on booze and hookers - you'll get more pleasure from it!  Live a little guys...

Bloody hell, booze and hookers must be a lot cheaper in London than I thought? :whistle:

• Haha 2
PoppetM
2 hours ago, Trev said:

Bloody hell, booze and hookers must be a lot cheaper in London than I thought? :whistle:

A pub in the village next to my old flat advertised lap dancers for £1, when you saw them get out their cars, you undestood why !! You get what you pay for...!

Disclaimer:  I never set foot in the establishment until it was taken over, redecorated as a family establishment with decent food. I just used to see them in the car park opposite mine when I got home.

• Haha 1
On 16/01/2018 at 10:32, Andy m said:

I think its a tough gig. Even if bought by the gallon the gloop is insanely expensive. It must take 20-30 minutes per bike so with travel you might get in ten a day on a Saturday in September, but a Tuesday in June? With travel, tools, materials and time you get the £70 figure  if you want to eat which makes DIY attractive. On top of that you'll have to deal with man-child complaints about chrome not looking as shiny as it did when the sun was out and the real loonies trying to get it for free (or worse) with complaints of how you contaminated the brake pads and they almost died. You'll need legal insurance.

Andy

So true Andy...

Every week, I wash my bike, and apply ACF 50.  I do 800 miles a week through all weather and salty roads.  After the wash and ACF, the bike is like new again.  Costs me about 10 quid / month in ACF.

Edited by neojynx
  • Like 1
Rev Ken
38 minutes ago, neojynx said:

Every week, I wash my bike, and apply ACF 50.  I do 800 miles a week through all weather and salty roads.  After the wash and ACF, the bike is like new again.  Costs me about 10 quid / month in ACF.

My time is too precious, especially at my age, and anyway at the end of a ride I'm knackered.......!

• 2 weeks later...

Very helpful thread, not least for the compressor recommendations!  Thanks.