Whos got the highest milage?

Guest machinman

Guest machinman

The NC range has been around a long time now, and i always had a respect for folk who achieve  high milages.

So the question is who has the highest milage? (any model).

Should make an interesting read.

Edited by machinman
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• roddy

• Xactly

• Steve Case

• motorbykcourier

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Close to 300K miles now ...... Not boasting, just what it is....unfortunately doing more 'van' miles (sorry for swearing!) at the moment !  

Hi, Yes, we're approaching the 200K mark at the moment. Its starting to show its use finish wise - it gets used all year, but mechanically (touch wood etc etc) I cant complain. Still ea

I see this thread is still going - so thought I'd update. We are running at well over 250K miles now.... I'd show a picture of the speedo, but its been replaced twice early on as there were

Posted Images

Alice had 87K on her Integra 700 when it was stolen. But there’s a courier chappie on here (can’t remember his name, sadly) who’s over 100K.

• Like 1
  • Sigh 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, cartejo5 said:

Is that a Dct model?

Yes DCT - only issue I have had in 50k, is one fork seal weeping, and 1 relay failed - else every day it never misses a beat.

• Thanks 1
Guest machinman
44 minutes ago, Tex said:

Alice had 87K on her Integra 700 when it was stolen. But there’s a courier chappie on here (can’t remember his name, sadly) who’s over 100K.

Good milages there Tex.

I think the other guy was motorbykcourier. We dont hear from him much, hes probably working😁

He must be over 150000 now if he still has the same bike.

Defender

Well mne rolled over 21000 today, I guess it's only just broken in then!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
TheEnglishman

Sept '15 here - 50k.  Other than the recall it's had two spark plug caps under warranty and a throttle cable(which was a major PITA to replace).  Occasionally the Fuel Injection warning light comes on at startup.  Turn it off and on again solves that.  I believe it's a dodgy connector in the head unit.

I'd recommend any high milers strip the swing arm out and pack grease into the swing arm, linkage and wheel bearings as well as the head bearings.  

And if you've a centre stand take the bar out and grease that too.  It corrodes something terrible and removing a stuck one is a PITA.

And be careful with the allen bolt that hides the crank timing marks/crank spinner - it's made of cheese.

And don't get me started on those stupid plastic clip things that hold the plastics together.  Whoever thought those were a good idea will be first against the wall then the revolution comes...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My NC750S 2014 has 45,000 miles on it. No problems except the usual tyres, chain,pads etc. One small niggle it stutters in heavy rain and can't seem to get to the bottom of it. Apart from that I will be chasing motorbike couriers incredible mileage. There are some respectable miles accumulated on here. Maybe we should let Honda UK know how well our bikes are performing maybe they could improve newer models with the info? 

Out of interest? I filled up today here are my figures. 

194 MILES TO FILL THE TANK

2 LTRS LEFT AFTER THE RESERVE CAME ON

72 MPG.

I still could have pushed the bike another 30 odd miles to empty .

30 minutes ago, roddy said:

Out of interest? I filled up today here are my figures. 

194 MILES TO FILL THE TANK

2 LTRS LEFT AFTER THE RESERVE CAME ON

72 MPG.

I still could have pushed the bike another 30 odd miles to empty .

Yup 30 more miles No problem I regally get 230miles out of my tank and it never seems to take the full 14.1ltr to fill it.

my 2013 nc700s   dct is on 83 k at the moment and no issues other than a good service req and suspension needs a refresh

• Like 3
Guest machinman
5 hours ago, putz said:

my 2013 nc700s   dct is on 83 k at the moment and no issues other than a good service req and suspension needs a refresh

Another milage for the hall of fame🖒.

TheEnglishman
On 29/01/2018 at 09:26, roddy said:

One small niggle it stutters in heavy rain and can't seem to get to the bottom of it.

Sounds like what mine did?

The bike is running well, also the mpg has not dropped off and never need to top up oil between changes. Iam amazed by the bike as its getting better as i head towards the 100k , which should be later in the year. All this without me changing a gear:ahappy:,  the suspension linkage needs taking apart and regreasing, the shock itself will head to 150k then i may upgrade.

• Like 2

Thanks I will show the clip to the dealers mechanic ,did you replace the plugs and did it only arc in the wet?

TheEnglishman

They replaced the plug tops under warranty as they're __ing expensive.  I've done another 30k or more without issue so my hope is that Honda got a bad lot of them in.

And yes - only arced in the wet.  Which is easy to replicate - just spray water on the plug tops!!

motorbykcourier

Hi,

Yes, we're approaching the 200K mark at the moment.

Its starting to show its use finish wise - it gets used all year, but mechanically (touch wood etc etc) I cant complain.

Still easily manages 70+ mpg on a good day, never uses oil between services.

• Like 9

That’s great to hear, Steve. (I promise to remember your forum name in future). What’s the plan? Keep it until a certain time/mileage? Or just see how much you can get out if it’s?

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Just curious how the mileages are racking up. I sold my S with 72,000 miles on it. Now my 2016 one has 20,000, I bought it 2 years ago with 9,000. Still a bit to go to match Steve's 200,000

Spindizzy

My S has a whopping near 5K in 3 years :cheer:

Spindizzy
1 hour ago, roddy said:

Spin, your bike must be immaculate.

Pretty much. Lives in a garage under a cover. Still has some bits slightly corroding like fasteners, I still have to protect any chrome bits. Had its first MOT last week

Its likely going this year. The reason I got it disappeared when my company moved. The commute went from a lovely blast through the country to dull motorway all the way so I take the car. Might replace it with a small capacity bike. I was hoping Honda would sell the 350 they sell in India but not looking promising. Or I may keep it, still undecided. I also have a small scooter which is ragged mercilessly and used all the time locally. That's got 7.5K in 4 yrs and is the single most useful thing I ever purchased on 2 wheels. I still want a motorbike, but I have no actual use for one much other than the desire to have one.