Whos got the highest milage?

Guest machinman

outrunner

My mistake, I think perhaps the early versions used it as I seem to remember the bike shop guy mention it.

Andy.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• roddy

• Xactly

• Steve Case

• motorbykcourier

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Close to 300K miles now ...... Not boasting, just what it is....unfortunately doing more 'van' miles (sorry for swearing!) at the moment !  

Hi, Yes, we're approaching the 200K mark at the moment. Its starting to show its use finish wise - it gets used all year, but mechanically (touch wood etc etc) I cant complain. Still ea

I see this thread is still going - so thought I'd update. We are running at well over 250K miles now.... I'd show a picture of the speedo, but its been replaced twice early on as there were

Posted Images

Xactly
6 minutes ago, outrunner said:

My mistake, I think perhaps the early versions used it as I seem to remember the bike shop guy mention it.

Andy.

Yes, I believe you are right. In my experience a lot of dealers put 10w-40 in everything because that’s what their bulk oil is….Dealer put in my RE on the basis that he uses it in his race bikes.

• Like 2
Steve Case

This is a new thing for me choosing oil, when I had the burgman I used whatever was lying around.

Triumph get good stuff but I wasn't going to waste money on a suzuki.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Gibbo hull yorkshire said:

Just bought one with 89000 miles on .

just run-in then::

• 4 weeks later...
Bikerboy1000

A guy in Thailand has 229,000KM and only failure was the water pump, 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bikerboy1000 said:

I’d ask for another at that mileage…

• 3 weeks later...
Tony Roche

Hi guys I'm an instructor and have two NC700X's 2012 & 2013. One has 81.5k used as my main bike and the spare has 52k. I've done most of the miles on the higher one which I took on at 24k. I was thinking just last week that it feels just as good as it did 50k miles ago! :-)

• Like 1
Grumpy old man
On 22/10/2021 at 14:42, Bikerboy1000 said:

This could be the one, he's put a few more on.

FB_IMG_1636387272476.jpg

Edited by Grumpy old man
alhendo1

@motorbykcourier posted up in April that his NC had done plus 250k miles.. It would be good to see a post update and see where it's at now... 

• Like 1
Integrator

Now 96700m. - After a terrible time round 60k.miles with lots of dct sensor gremlins flying around  :console: the gears are back to normal.. :thumbsup: Last month I’ve crisscross’ed France 3k’s in a week with no problems.

She seldom runs much more than 200m on a tank, - I think the boosterplug is taking its fair share, now I only drive with it engaged. 
Difficult to letting it stay off.. :D 

• Like 1

Hi, I've not been here for ages. But I'm a courier bought my 2018 NC750X with 1000 miles on the clock in 2019. This week I just hit 80000 miles. There is one colleague at work who has a NC700 with over 200k miles. I'll speak to him on Monday and get confirmation of this. 

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a guy in Thailand on YouTube  "Mikefreerider".  He has more than 250k km on his 2015 750X 😳😲😲😃😃

• 4 weeks later...
Martin Robertson

160000 miles on my 2012 nc700x.

Use daily for courier work. Only now having a nightmare fitting a cam chain tensioner that actually works!

• Like 3
Grumpy old man
59 minutes ago, Martin Robertson said:

160000 miles on my 2012 nc700x.

Use daily for courier work. Only now having a nightmare fitting a cam chain tensioner that actually works!

Impressive milage.  Hope someone comes along to advise you on your cam chain issue because it could be something I'll come across later. 🤞

motorbykcourier
On 09/11/2021 at 09:17, alhendo1 said:

@motorbykcourier posted up in April that his NC had done plus 250k miles.. It would be good to see a post update and see where it's at now... 

Close to 300K miles now ......

Not boasting, just what it is....unfortunately doing more 'van' miles (sorry for swearing!) at the moment !

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, motorbykcourier said:

Not boasting, just what it is....unfortunately doing more 'van' miles (sorry for swearing!) at the moment !

At least it’s a good time of year to be stuck with a van, eh, Steve?  300K is a pretty good mileage for anything on wheels and a testament to Honda’s engineering. :niceone:

• Like 2
17 hours ago, motorbykcourier said:

@motorbykcourier What issues, if any, have you experienced over your ownership / mileage? DCT or manual?

Edited by Skidt
Xactly
2 hours ago, Skidt said:

@motorbykcourier What issues, if any, have you experienced over your ownership / mileage? DCT or manual?

It’s a manual. It was as a result of reading his article in Ride magazine in 2020 that I bought my manual NC750X new. I feel it would be useful if high mileage bike contenders were to indicate manual or DCT too. I doubt that a DCT would do 300,000 miles without major attention. I’m happy to be proved wrong….

• Thanks 1
embattle

I suspect like most things as long as you get your bike serviced and you also maintain it I doubt there are many people with long term issues who have DCT.

3 hours ago, Xactly said:

It’s a manual. It was as a result of reading his article in Ride magazine in 2020 that I bought my manual NC750X new. 

@Xactly Thanks for that. I’ll dig out my copy and have a read. 

motorbykcourier
6 hours ago, Skidt said:

I think I've been very lucky.

I've had 2 x new speedos - known issue

Had a rogue issue with a wire going to ignition switch ages ago

Have replaced the fuel pump.

Wheel bearings & steering head bearings

Thats IT !!

It gets new oil and filter every 8K miles, along with filters, plugs etc at appropriate intervals.

Occasionally I'll check the valves - aprat from early on they just don't change.

Doesn't use oil

But now it IS getting very vibratory.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
rjp996

im on 90k with a 2015 DCT - not been used so much the past year as working from home - no real issues in all that time - I replace wheel bearings and had a starter relay fail - service it per what the manual says at homer - get put away wet all the time - gets washed maybe 3-4 times a year

• Like 1