New Handlebars.

Guest ourade22

Guest ourade22

Having lobbed my NC700X up the road I am in the process of fixing the damage.

There is a bend in the bars, so I am looking at options, has anyone fitted renthal bars and have there been any problems.

Thanks Ade.

DaveM59

Renthal don't list a specific bar for your bike that I can see on their website, so you might need to use a universal type. I can see those being missing any small brackets or locating pins/holes needed to fit the cylinders, grips etc back in the right places, plus any fittings for covers, bar end weights etc if you have any.

Other than that a set of the correct diameter should be adaptable, you could even go for ones with more rise or narrower/wider if you want to customise the fit.

It would probably be easier and quicker to get a set of bars from a breaker. There was a set on 'you know where' recently.

This is the sort of thing your insurance company might want to know about so they can raise your premium too. :cry:

Reckless_Rat

I fitted some off-the-shelf Renthal bars on mine (just to get a slightly lower positioning). No real problem, you'll just have to carefully drill a hole (or two?) in the right place to lock the lug(s?) in the handlebar fittings at the right angle for you and to prevent them from turning. (You don't get a second chance!)

• Like 1
Guest ourade22

Thanks gents, I have seen the ones on that site and they were the same price as the Renthals.

The other parts I ordered to repair the bike arrived today, so I will fit new parts and try out before deciding on the bars.

It was a close fit with the Puig screen and Barkbusters before I lobbed it and one of the barkbuster guards was a casualty, so I will have to see how it all lines up and then decide.

Just to be clear, it's the switch blocks which are pegged to the bars. The levers aren't.

• 1 month later...