Guest S.P.Q.R

New Skidmarx screen for NC700S

Guest S.P.Q.R

Today, I've received this mail from Skidmarx:

Skidmarx Screen for 700S

nc700stallscreen_1_06292d.JPG

Designed to offer the practicality and economy of a commuter, with the sharp handling and styling of a naked roadster, Honda's NC700S is billed a great option for the ride to work, as well as the weekend away. Whether your commuting or touring, comfort is key so to help maximise the new machine's potential we've introduced a tall screen for the 'S'. Manufactured from 3mm acrylic and 18cm (7inches) taller than the standard screen, it offers much needed protection from wind and weatherm, and is available in Clear, and Light or Dark Grey tints. The screen retails for just £59.95 (including VAT), and uses the existing mounting points and fasteners: no drilling or fiddly fitting kits required. Give us a buzz on 01305 780808 or visit the website for details.

In my opinion, better designed than Ermax, Givi and Puig...and cheaper!

tc3

Cool would be interested to see a dark tint on a bike but it might look a bit to tall on a naked bike?

Guest Naana

That looks pretty good. Will have to bear it in mind.

Rev Ken

The proof of the pudding is in the eating - we need to know how effective it is! But it looks good to me.

• Like 1

tc3

The more I look at it the more I think it looks too tall for a naked. Would probable even look worse in a dark tint. I am looking for something similar to the Honda but in dark tint

Guest snowball

Looks good but cant see it on the website as yet. Someone buyone and tell us what its like.

Guest sandy

Well someone had to go first.

I've ordered this screen for the NC700S in clear.

Should be here in a few days. Once I have it, I'll post pictures and let you know how effective it is.

Guest afhadamus

We waiting for pictrues :) It looks good !

dadlev

Looks good but cant see it on the website as yet. Someone buyone and tell us what its like.

I bought one ,(in fact that is my bike in photo !) I took my bike to Skimarx and they made the screen. It is really effective.

• Like 1

tc3

I bought one ,(in fact that is my bike in photo !) I took my bike to Skimarx and they made the screen. It is really effective.

Would like to see a few pics of it on your bike please. Hard to tell from that small pic how big it looks in relation to the whole bike.

Guest afhadamus

Me too !!! Mick, please relase some photo :drool:

Guest afhadamus

I get a two pictures:

nc700stallscreen4.jpgnc700stallscreen2.jpg

Mike5100

I think that looks good and with that curve it looks to me like it may put the air in just the right place. How much are they? (whoops just seen the first post £60)

Mike

Edited by Mike5100

wjvh

Well, how's about resurrecting an old thread from 2012?

I have a Puig Racing Screen on my NC700S. It looks proportional to the bike and does a great job below 50mph BUT above 60mph the wind buffeting on my head is too much for any decent period of time.

So ... I'm looking at alternatives. The Puig Touring Screen with deflector can be had from fleabay, new, for ~£120. Not a bad price but it does look kind of big and flat-fronted for the NC-S variant. I have come across the Skidmarx (terrible name) screen (on which this thread is based) which is UK made, £60, and is swept back so I think it could look pretty cool even being a bigger screen.

Is anyone able to share their longer-term experiences of the Skidmarx screen on the NC700S or NC750S? I am 5'10 (~178cm) which is pretty much average height. I tend to sit upright on my bike, no slouching.

Many thanks, Will

Spindizzy

Have a look at this posting 

It shows a cheapo £15 screen off the auction site. I added spacers under the lower bolts to angle it back slightly and allow more air in underneath. No buffet, wind off my body and mostly smooth airflow around the head. I did have the larger Puig Touring on there, great for protection but horrid buffet. IMHO anything on the S higher than you see in this post causes buffet. This is my best compromise.

Graham NZ

Just guessing but that screen looks like it might take wind pressure off your chest and leave your helmet in clear air, without turbulence, which is an ideal result.  Rather like the way good screens on sports bikes often work.

That screen appeals to me.

Bigglesaircraft

Have just emailed Skidmarx they came back very quick and yes they have both types available. Will order one get it fitted and report back, if they will send it to France!

Bigglesaircraft

Ordered and on it's way, will keep members invoked of progress and opinion.

• Like 1