Ride by wire

Ashley

Hmm, the only cables coming out of the throttle housing on the new T100 are electrical. They’re cunningly disguised as conventional throttle cables and I hadn’t noticed the difference. So, the return spring must be inside the switch housing? I shall take it apart and see how it works. :) 

• Like 1
Andy m

Don't expect to test it with a multi meter, it could well be a shaded pole, modified square wave thingy. Magnets on a stick delaying pulses looping back to an ECU don't vary with temperature while a potentiometer does.

Andy

Thanks, but I wasn’t going to get too technical - I was just intrigued by how they got the twist grip action to feel so ‘normal’ I was going to have a poke about to see where they’ve hidden the spring! :D 

Scootabout
On 2/20/2018 at 12:26, PoppetM said:

I get that all the time from my non riding hubby. "Shouldn't wash it like that"...ummm soap, bucket...hose...eh?! Or if I am taking tools to it (rare)" you should do this"....  really?! From the man that flooded my Vespa spark plugs with the hose when washing it and on the NC hit the kill switch while cleaning it and drained my car battery in another episode.

He wont touch my bikes/cars anymore.

And he is an engineer!!

You don't wanna do it like that....

https://youtu.be/nkZdTHmX0TQ

Defender
On 21/02/2018 at 08:52, gonzo said:

"During the war " ! we only had one cable with a spring return  simple, !! ,   you lot will be talking about fuel injection on bikes one day.!!    :ahappy:

Uncle Albert strikes again!

'But Del, he's been torpedoed 3 times and two of those were in peace time!'

• Haha 1